|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 200
|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 200|
Ugokidashita Yami no Bakura
Dark Bakura on the Move
|Japanese air date||
April 14, 2004
|English air date||
October 22, 2005
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 5)|
|Previous||Tomb of the Nameless Pharaoh|
|Next||Memoirs of a Pharaoh|
"Spiritual Awakening", known as "Dark Bakura on the Move" in the Japanese version, is the two-hundredth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! second series anime. It first aired in Japan on April 14, 2004 and in the United States on October 22, 2005. As an homage to the original Japanese series and to celebrate the second series anime's two-hundredth episode, the opening theme of the English Dub was temporarily changed to a shortened version of OVERLAP (already used in the original Japanese from episode 190 onwards). OVERLAP was kept for approximately 10 episodes before it was eventually changed back the usual Yu-Gi-Oh! theme music.
Yugi Muto confronts Ryo Bakura, who scolds him for almost letting Weevil Underwood and Rex Raptor run off with the Egyptian God cards. Yugi checks that they're still in the box along with the Millennium Items. Bakura tells him that he'll eventually return the Millennium Ring he has taken. This causes Yugi to realize he is talking to Bakura's dark personality.
Yugi wonders how much Yami Bakura knows about the Millennium Items: Yugi insofar knows that, somewhere in Egypt, within an underground temple, there's a "Tablet of the Pharaoh's Memories" in which the 7 Millennium Items must be gathered. He questions aloud if Yami Bakura knows what'll happen once they're gathered. Yami Bakura identifies its location in the village of "Kul Elna". It's a relic, or artifact, which links the living world and the afterlife. When the Items are place there, he states that "the Door of the Realm of the Dead shall open." He inwardly thinks that his "true goal" lies beyond it. Yugi assumes that its opening shall allow the Pharaoh's soul to go back there. Yami Bakura congratulates him and claims he'll help him.
Suddenly, Yami Yugi comes out and demands to know his intentions. When pressed for an answer, he acknowledges being the same as Yami: a soul sealed in the Millennium Ring for 5,000 years. Yami demands of him to reveal his true nature, but Yami Bakura claims having forgotten it as well. It may be that the answer is the Pharaoh's World of Memories. He then suggests settling their pending scores in a more suitable arena; the World of Memories. Yami Yugi questions him more, and Yami Bakura states that if they peel through the layers of enigma surrounding Yami's heart, they'll reach his "World of Memories" and, then, the "Ultimate Dark Game" will take place. He goes on saying that Yami Yugi "began" it, so that's why they must end it. Yami Yugi thinks about it and then accepts the challenge. Yami Bakura looks pleased: he claims that, once the "door of memories" is opened, the Game will begin. He's looking forward to it. While walking off, he thinks that he must make some "preparations" to win the "Ultimate Dark Game".
Later, Seto Kaiba is working extra hours in his office when the light goes out and Yami Bakura shows up on the computer's monitor. Yami Bakura lifts an unconscious Mokuba off the ground by his neck and then throws him to the ground. Yami Bakura then challenges Seto to a Duel before the monitor shuts off. Kaiba changes into his Battle City clothing and goes out into the roof, where he finds Mokuba's unconscious body. He sets him apart and the Duel begins.
Yami Bakura displays an intriguing Deck which seems to be themed around the ancient Egypt era's rituals. He uses a Monster named "Diabound Kernel" to steal the Burst Stream of Destruction attack of a "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", which he claims is the only thing which can stand up to the Gods. Seto then experiences a vision similar to the ones he had during the Battle City Finals.
When dawn begins to emerge, Yami Bakura announces that he must be going: he hands Kaiba the Millennium Eye and asks him if he wants to learn more about the bond he shares with "Blue-Eyes White Dragon". He then departs the scene.
Yugi is ready to depart but his friends catch up with him again: they won't let him go alone. They climb a plane and head towards Egypt.
Featured Duels: Yami Bakura vs. Seto Kaiba
Turn 1: Yami Bakura
- Yami Bakura draws Spell Card "Polymerization" and subsequently activates it, fusing "The Earl of Demise" with "Headless Knight" to Fusion Summon "The Duke of Demise" (2000/1700) in Attack Position.
Turn 2: Seto Kaiba
- Seto draws "Vorse Raider" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1900/1200) in Attack Position.
- Activates Quick-Play Spell Card "Shrink", halving the ATK of Bakura's "The Duke of Demise" until the End Phase ("The Duke of Demise": 2000 → 1000/1700).
- "Vorse Raider" Attacks Yami Bakura's "The Duke of Demise". Due to the effect of "The Duke of Demise", it can't be destroyed in battle, however Yami Bakura still takes Battle Damage (Bakura 4000 → 3100).
- On Seto's End Phase, the effect of "Shrink" wears off ("The Duke of Demise": 1000 → 2000/1700).
Turn 3: Yami Bakura
- Yami Bakura draws.
- Due to "The Duke of Demise's" second Special Ability, Bakura Pays 500 Life Points to keep it on the field (Bakura 3100 → 2600).
- Tributes "The Duke of Demise" to Summon "Diabound Kernel" (1800/1200) in Attack Position.
- Activates Equip Spell Card "Spirit Illusion", equipping it to "Diabound Kernel" and Special Summoning a "Doppelganger Token" with the same ATK, DEF, Level, Attribute, Type and effects as "Diabound Kernel" ("Doppelganger Token": ? → 1800/? → 1200).
- Activates his "Doppelganger Token's" Special Ability, equipping him to Seto's "Vorse Raider" and reducing its ATK by the original ATK of the Doppelganger Token ("Vorse Raider": 1900 → 100/1200).
- "Diabound Kernel" Attacks & Destroys Seto's "Vorse Raider" (Seto 4000 → 2300).
- Sets a Card.
Turn 4: Seto Kaiba
- Seto draws.
- Normal Summons "Lord of D." (1200/1100) in Attack Position. Due to this card's effect, none of Seto's face-up Dragon-type monsters can be targeted by the effects of Yami Bakura's Spell Cards, Trap Cards, and Effect Monster effects.
- Activates Spell Card "The Flute of Summoning Dragon", Special Summoning "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" (3000/2500) from his Hand in Attack Position.
- "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" attacks Bakura's "Diabound Kernel", but Bakura activates Continuous Trap Card "Spirit Shield". Now when a monster Seto controls declares an attack, Yami Bakura can remove from play a Fiend or Zombie-Type Monster from his Graveyard to end the Battle Phase. If there are no Fiend or Zombie-type monsters in Bakura's Graveyard, "Spirit Shield" will be destroyed. Bakura activates the effect of "Spirit Shield", removing the "Headless Knight" in his Graveyard from play in order to end Seto's Battle Phase.
- Sets a Card.
Turn 5: Yami Bakura
- Yami Bakura draws Spell Card "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it to Draw 2 Cards, one of which is "Grief Tablet"
- Activates Equip Spell Card "Grief Tablet", equipping it to Seto's "Lord of D.". Now the equipped monster cannot Attack or change its Battle Position and its Effects are Negated. In addition, if "Grief Tablet" is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Seto will receive 500 Damage.
- With the protective power of Seto's "Lord of D." gone (its Special Abilities have been Negated), Bakura is now free to target his Blue-Eyes.
- Activates his "Doppelganger Token's" Special Ability, equipping him to Seto's "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" and reducing its ATK by the original ATK of the Doppelganger Token ("Blue-Eyes White Dragon": 3000 → 1200/2500).
- "Diabound Kernel" attacks Seto's "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", but Seto Activates Trap Card "Attack Guidance Armor" to redirect the Attack to his "Lord of D.". "Diabound Kernel" destroys "Lord of D." (Seto 2300 → 1700).
- Sets two Cards.
Turn 6: Seto Kaiba
- Seto draws Spell Card "Card of Demise" and subsequently activates it, drawing until he has five Cards in his Hand (since he had 1 Card, he Draws 4 Cards). Five Turns after "Card of Demise's" Activation, Seto must Discard his entire Hand.
- Activates Spell Card "Soul Release", removing "The Earl of Demise" and "Duke of Demise" in Bakura's Graveyard from play.
- Activates Spell Card "Silent Doom", Special Summoning "Vorse Raider" (1900/1200) back from his Graveyard in Defense Position, but it cannot Attack.
- Tributes "Vorse Raider" and his weakened "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" to Summon another "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" (3000/2500) in Attack Position.
- "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" Attacks & Destroys Bakura's "Diabound Kernel" (Bakura 2600 → 1400).
- Bakura Activates Trap Card "Rebirth Tablet", Special Summoning "Diabound Kernel" (1800/1200) back from his Graveyard in Attack Position .
- Activates Trap Card "Mirror Tablet", increasing the ATK of "Diabound Kernel" by half the Original ATK of Seto's "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" (the one that destroyed "Diabound Kernel" this Turn and is currently on the Field) ("Diabound Kernel": 1800 → 3300/1200) (NOTE: in the English Dub, the Effect of "Mirror Tablet" is wrongly translated to target the Monster Seto Tributed earlier this Turn; in the original Japanese, the correct target is identified as Seto's "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" currently on the Field) and forcing Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Diabound Kernel to Battle. "Diabound Kernel" destroys Seto's "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" (Seto 1200 → 900) (NOTE: by destroying Seto's "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", Bakura's "Diabound Kernel" is able gain Blue-Eyes's Burst Stream of Destruction Attack, said to rival that of the Gods. Bakura would later transfer that ability to his Diabound and use the attack against the Nameless Pharaoh's Mystical Beasts Monsters during the Ultimate Dark Game (Yami No Game in Japanese)).
- Seto Activates Spell Card "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon one of his "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" (3000/2500) back from the Graveyard in Attack Position.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.