|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 215
|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 215|
Daijashin Zōku Fukkatsu
The Great Evil God Zorc is Resurrected
The Dark One Cometh - Part 1
|Japanese air date||
July 28, 2004
|English air date||
April 8, 2006
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 5)|
|Previous||Name of the Game|
|Next||The Dark One Cometh - Part 2|
"The Dark One Cometh - Part 1", known as "The Great Evil God Zorc is Resurrected " in the Japanese version, is the two hundred and fifteenth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime.
The Arrival of Zorc Necrophades
- Back at Kul Elna, the sand in the Dark RPG's Sandglass for the Revival of the Evil God: Zorc has been resurrected.
- Zorc starts showcasing his power and wreaking destruction upon the land. Hassan's protection does not last, and he is rapidly overrun. The remaining Priests flee back to the capital.
- Back in the desert, Priest Seto and the Pharaoh leave Kisara and Seto Kaiba behind, and set off for the Egyptian capital too.
- Priest Seto orders the Pharaoh's ballistae and catapults to attack, but they disintegrate before they reach Zorc.
- Zorc counter-attacks and wipes out part of the Pharaoh's troops. Priest Seto orders them to retreat to the Royal Palace.
The Past Affecting the Present
- Suddenly back in the 'Territory of the Gods' at the Dark RPG table, Yami Yugi sees visions of modern times all around him. It is being destroyed!
- Yami Yugi: "This is...?!"
- Yami Bakura: "It'd seem that the world of the Dark Game and the real world have begun to link together!"
- Yami Yugi: "What do you mean!?"
- Yami Bakura: "It deserves the name of 'Ultimate Dark Game'! It's going even beyond my expectatives, but I don't mind. Having discovered your true name, the 8th key, I was planning on ressurecting Zorc within the real world. But this'll spare me some unnecessary efforts! Both worlds are now interconnected! And everyone will be destroyed by the Dark! * evil laugh *"
- Yami Yugi(thinking): "I've got to seal Zorc again no matter what!"
- The Priests Summon their Ka to protect the city:
- Mana Summons "Dark Magician Girl": it attacks with Magic Wave.
- Isis Summons "Spiria".
- Shada Summons "Two-Headed Jackal Warrior".
- Priest Seto Summons "Duos": it attacks with Aura Force.
Featured Duel: Yugi Muto vs. Yami Bakura
Yami Bakura explains the rules of the Duel:
- Each person has 40 cards in his deck.
- The Deck's cards become according to the Duelist's imagination. In other words, each player has no idea about what cards constitute his Deck until he draws them.
- This is a Shadow Game: the loser must sacrifice his life.
- If Yugi wins, Bakura will return Tristan's body and allow Yugi & his friends to leave.
Turn 1: Yugi
(Yugi's Deck: 40 → 35) Yugi draws a card and subsequently sets it (Yugi's Deck: 35 → 34). He then sets a monster.
Turn 2: Bakura
Yami Bakura draws. He then Normal Summons "Doomcaliber Knight" (1900/1800) in Attack Position. "Doomcaliber Knight" attacks Yugi's Set monster. It is flipped face-up and revealed to be "Marshmallon" (300/500). Since "Marshmallon" was flipped face-up, its first effect activates, inflicting 1000 damage to Yami Bakura (Bakura 4000 → 3000). Due to the second effect of "Marshmallon", it isn't destroyed. Yami Bakura Sets a card.
Turn 3: Yugi
Yugi draws a card and subsequently sets it (Yugi's Deck: 34 → 33). He then Normal Summons "Silent Swordsman LV0" (1000/1000) in Attack Position. Yugi then activates his face-down "Marshmallon Glasses". Now as long as "Marshmallon Glasses" and "Marshmallon" remain face-up on Yugi's side of the Field, Yami Bakura can only attack "Marshmallon".
Turn 4: Bakura
Yami Bakura draws "Call of the Earthbound". He then activates "Negate Defense" to switch "Marshmallon" to Attack Position and forbid Yugi from changing its battle position. "Doomcaliber Knight" attacks Yugi's "Marshmallon". Due to the second effect of "Marshmallon", it is not destroyed (Yugi 4000 → 2400). Yami Bakura then Sets a Card.
Turn 5: Yugi
Yugi draws (Yugi's Deck: 33 → 32). On Yugi's Standby Phase, the effect of "Silent Swordsman LV0" activates, increasing its LV by one and increasing its ATK by 500 ("Silent Swordsman LV0" → Silent Swordsman LV1: 1000 → 1500/1000). Yami Bakura activates his face-down "Call of the Earthbound" and chains his face-down "Zoma the Spirit" to its activation. The two cards resolve in reverse order. First "Zoma the Spirit" is Special Summoned as an Effect Monster (1800/500) on Bakura's side of the field in Defense Position. Next "Call of the Earthbound" forces Yugi's Silent Swordsman to attack Bakura's "Zoma the Spirit".
Silent Swordsman then destroys "Zoma the Spirit". The effect of "Zoma the Spirit" activates, which will inflict damage to Yugi equal to double the ATK of the Monster that destroyed it, but Yugi activates "Turn Jump" to skip right over this turn's Battle Phase and negate the effect of "Zoma the Spirit" as well as move the Turn Count forward by three ("Silent Swordsman LV1" → "Silent Swordsman LV4": 1500 → 3000/1000).
The following monsters appeared in this episode. Monsters in italics debuted here.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.