Card Appearances:Five-Headed Dragon
- This card is also known by the Japanese name F.G.D., commonly rendered in the anime and manga as Five God Dragon.
- In episode 45, this monster was known as the Mythic Dragon and was under the control of the Big Five. This monster was supposed to be Summoned after Seto Kaiba was going to be sacrificed, but that didn't happen. The Big Five then rewrote the program to Summon this monster immediately to the field after Kaiba escaped with his brother and they met up with Yugi and his friends. Yami Yugi and his friends then learned that the battlefield they and this monster were in was made so that only Dragon-type monsters can attack. Yami Yugi, Joey, Mai, and Kaiba all each Summoned a Dragon to fight against this monster. "Curse of Dragon", "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", "Red-Eyes B. Dragon", and "Harpie's Pet Dragon" all attack this monster, but four of this monster's heads then nullified the attacks. This monster then attacks Mokuba Kaiba, but Joey Wheeler's "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" intercepts the attack, causing it to be destroyed. Joey was then deleted as a result of this. Yami Yugi then immediately activates "Black Luster Ritual" to Tribute "Curse of Dragon" and "Gaia The Fierce Knight" and Ritual Summon "Black Luster Soldier". This monster then attacks again, but Mai Valentine uses her "Harpie's Pet Dragon" to battle it. This monster then destroys "Harpie's Pet Dragon", defeating Mai. Mai was then deleted as her Life Point dropped to 0. This monster then attacks Kaiba, but Mokuba pushes him out of the way and takes the hit instead, causing him to disappear. Seto Kaiba then activates "Polymerization" to fuse his three "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" together and Fusion Summon "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon". Yugi then activates "Polymerization" to fuse "Black Luster Soldier" and "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" together and Fusion Summon "Dragon Master Knight". Due to the latter's effect, its ATK increases to 9000. "Dragon Master Knight" then attacks and destroys this monster, defeating it once and for all.
- In episode 98, this monster appears in a flashback Kaiba has when he recognizes the Big Five as the same people who trapped him in his own virtual reality game.
- In episode 112, this monster appears in a silhouetted form before the episode ends.
- In episode 113, the Big Five use this card during their Tag Duel against Yami Yugi and Joey. Leichter Summons this card via "Dragon Revival Ritual". After this card was Ritual Summoned, it became the Big Five's new Deck Master. This card's first effect then activates, destroying all cards on Yugi and Joey's side of the field, but it could not attack the turn it was Summoned. Later "Dark Flare Knight" then attacks this card. This card then destroys "Dark Flare Knight", but due to the latter's first effect, Yami Yugi and Joey take no damage. Yami Yugi then activates the last effect of "Dark Flare Knight" to Special Summon "Mirage Knight" which became the new Deck Master for Yugi and Joey. "Mirage Knight" then attacks this card. Due to the effect of "Mirage Knight", it gains ATK equal to this card's ATK during damage calculation only. "Mirage Knight" then destroys this card, but Leichter activates "A Deal with Dark Ruler" to negate the Battle Damage he would take and Special Summon "Berserk Dragon" in this card's place. "Berserk Dragon" then became the new Deck Master for the Big Five.
- This card also appears in a flashback Joey has when he remembers facing "Five-Headed Dragon" previously and "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" being destroyed by "Five-Headed Dragon" during the battle which caused him to be deleted until the Princess revived him.
- This card also appears in a flashback Leichter has when he remembers Yugi using "Dragon Master Knight" to defeat "Five-Headed Dragon" as the final move in the battle between Yugi and his allies and the Big Five after Yugi states that they defeated "Five-Headed Dragon" before. Leichter then claims that even though "Dragon Master Knight" was able to defeat "Five-Headed Dragon" last time, Yugi can't do the same thing again as he doesn't have the proper cards necessary to Summon it.
- In episode 185, the KC DuelTek 760 uses this card during its Duel against a Kaiba Land patron. The computer Summons this card via "Polymerization". This card then attacks and destroys "Gagagigo", defeating the patron.
- This marked the first and only time to date that this card was actually able to defeat the player facing it.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters, Fiendish Five members "Meteor Dragon", "Luster Dragon #2", "Tyrant Dragon", "Aqua Dragon", and "Serpent Night Dragon" combined to form the "Five-Headed Dragon" during Trial 5. ("Aqua Dragon" is a Sea Serpent-Type monster in the TCG/OCG.)
- In episode 5, this is the card that Professor Banner picks up for his scary story when he decided to play along with Jaden and his friends while they were telling scary stories. He explains to Jaden, Syrus, and Chumley a story about the Abandoned Dorm which Jaden gets interested in.
- In episode 95, during Zane Truesdale's Duel against Syrus Truesdale, this card is shown when Zane sends "Cyber End Dragon" from his Extra Deck to the Graveyard via "Fusion Guard".
- In episode 160, Trueman uses this card during his Duel against Jaden Yuki. He activates "Future Fusion" to send "Des Volstgalph", "Spirit Ryu", "Rare Metal Dragon", "Infernal Dragon" and "Spear Dragon" from his Deck to the Graveyard and Fusion Summon this card on his Second Standby Phase after the activation of "Future Fusion". Jaden notes that he will win before then, but Trueman then activates "Dragon's Mirror" to immediately Fusion Summon this card by banishing the five Dragon-type monsters in his Graveyard. Jaden then Summons "Neo-Spacian Grand Mole" and uses it to attack this card, intending to return this card back to Trueman's Extra Deck, but Trueman activates "Skill Drain" to negate the effects of all face-up Effect Monsters on the field. Jaden then activates "Battle x 2" to double the ATK of "Grand Mole" during damage calculation. This card then destroys "Grand Mole", but thanks to "Battle x 2", Jaden was able to survive the attack. Later this card attacks directly, but Jaden activates "Negate Attack" to negate the attack and end the Battle Phase. On Trueman's next Standby Phase, "Future Fusion" Fusion Summons the second copy. Trueman then activates "Thousand Punisher" to Tribute the newly Summoned copy and make the other copy's ATK 1000 until the End Phase in order to allow the other copy to attack once for every 1000 ATK the Tributed copy had. Since the Tributed copy had 5000 ATK, the copy on the field gained five attacks. This card then attacks and destroys "Neo-Spacian Dark Panther", "Neo-Spacian Air Hummingbird", "Neo-Spacian Glow Moss", "Elemental HERO Burstinatrix", and "Gallis the Star Beast". Trueman then sets "Dragon's Rage" and intends to activate it on his next turn to give this card the ability to inflict Piercing Damage and win the Duel. Later "Elemental HERO Neos" attacks this card. Jaden then sends "Honest" from his hand to the Graveyard in order to increase the ATK of "Neos" by this card's ATK. "Neos" then destroys this card, winning Jaden the duel.
- In episode 163, during Zane's Duel against Makoto Inotsume, this card is shown as part of Zane's Extra Deck when he activates "Fusion Guard".
- In episode 178, this card is shown in a series of flashbacks Jaden has when he tells the people trapped in the World of Darkness that the card that a Duelist bonds with is initially just a plain card without anything special, however people that a Duelist fight against and the feelings that were shared among those people as well as the memories of those Duels will be absorbed into the bonded card as it's the history of a person's efforts.
- This card appears in the GX Japanese closing song, Borderline Battle.
- Slade Princeton, Jagger Princeton and Masha use this in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force, where it is called "F.G.D." Slade and Jagger can Summon it via "Dragon's Mirror".
- Helio and Houten use this in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator, where it is called "F.G.D.". Each of them can Summon it via "Future Fusion" and "Dragon's Mirror".