- This card is a Level 2 in the manga while it's a Level 1 in the anime.
- In episode 1, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Seto Kaiba. After seeing his hand, Yugi concludes that the pieces are the parts of Exodia and he could win if he could get all five pieces. On the final turn, Yugi draws "Exodia the Forbidden One", As Yugi now had all five pieces in his hand, he summons "Exodia" who destroys all three "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" and wins Yugi the Duel.
- In episode 3, Weevil Underwood asks Yugi if he could look at his Exodia pieces. Yugi does so, but right after seeing the Exodia cards, Weevil throws Yugi's Exodia cards overboard to insure that Yugi can't use them to help him win his Duels in Duelist Kingdom. Despite Joey Wheeler jumping in to try and save the cards, he only recovers two pieces.
- In episode 55, Seeker uses this card during his Duel against Joey. After Seeker got all five piece of Exodia into his hand, he won the Duel through an Automatic Win. After the Duel, Seeker revealed to Joey he had 3 complete sets of Exodia to insure him of his victories.
- In episode 56, Seeker managed to draw this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. In the next episode, he tried to get all five pieces of Exodia into his hand, but Yami Yugi activates "Time Seal" to skip Seeker's next Draw Phase. Yami then activates "Lightforce Sword" to banish "Right Arm of the Forbidden One" from Seeker's hand for three turns. Eventually Yami activates "Chain Destruction" to destroy the "Exodia the Forbidden One" cards in Seeker's hand and Deck, preventing him from getting all five pieces into his hand permanently.
- In the latter-mentioned episode, this card can be seen in Seeker's Deck when Yami Yugi searches it and finds out the cards are fake(in the dub, they were real, but were marked).
- In episode 99, this card appears when Yami Yugi was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Gansley.
See: Card Appearances:Exodia the Forbidden One
- In episode 144, this card was shown in Adrian's hand during his Duel against Aster Phoenix. In the next episode, "Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord" (whose ATK was 3000 due to its fourth effect) attacks "Destiny HERO - Dogma". Adrian then activates the third effect of "Exodius" to send this card from his hand to the Graveyard, which increases the ATK of "Exodius" by 1000. "Exodius" then destroys "Dogma".
- In the first above-mentioned episode, this card is shown when Adrian arrives at where Exodia is sealed off and takes out the five Exodia pieces from his Deck.
- In the first above-mentioned episode, this card is shown in a flashback Adrian has when he remembers Yubel telling him that his will is more immense than the gods and that not even Adrian himself can tear it down.
- In episode 149, this card was shown in Adrian's hand during his Duel against Jesse Anderson while the latter was possessed by Yubel. He is forced to send this card from his hand to the Graveyard due to the effect of "Hand Destruction". Later Adrian activates the effect of "Ritual of the Ultimate Forbidden Lord" to return this card, "Left Arm of the Forbidden One", and "Right Leg of the Forbidden One" from his Graveyard to his Deck, discard "Exodia the Forbidden One" and "Right Arm of the Forbidden One", and Special Summon "Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord". In the next episode, Adrian activates the last effect of "Fog Castle" to send the latter and all cards from his field and hand to the Graveyard and add "Left Arm of the Forbidden One", "Right Arm of the Forbidden One", "Right Leg of the Forbidden One", and "Exodia the Forbidden One" from his Graveyard to his hand. Adrian then activates "Break the Seal" and activates the latter's effect to add this card from his Deck to his hand, but Jesse sends "Nightmare Shuffle" to the Graveyard in order to activate "Hand Destruction", which forces both players to send four cards in his hand to the Graveyard and draw four cards. Adrian was then forced to send the four Exodia pieces in his hand to the Graveyard and draw four cards while Jesse just draws one card as he had no cards in his hand. This card remained in Adrian's hand until the Duel was over.
- In the first above-mentioned episode, this card appears in Adrian's thoughts, when he reminds himself that he killed Echo in order to release Exodia.