Card Appearances:Magic Cylinder
- This card's effect in the early anime and manga is:
"Activate only when your opponent's monster attacks while you control a Spellcaster-Type monster. Change the attack target to 1 face-up monster on your opponent field with ATK less than the current ATK of attacking monster."
- In episode 66, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Strings while the latter was possessed by Marik Ishtar. When "Slifer the Sky Dragon" attacks "Dark Magician Girl", Yami Yugi activates this card and "Spellbinding Circle" to decrease the ATK of "Slifer" by 700, and redirect the attack of "Slifer" back to itself, but Strings uses the effect of "Jam Defender" to destroy "Revival Jam" and negate this card's effect.
- In episode 85, this card can be seen when Yugi is rebuilding his Deck.
- In the manga, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Kaiba. When his "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" attacks Yugi's "Dark Magician", Yugi changes the attack target to Kaiba's "Lord of D.", destroying it.
- In episode 99, this card appears when Yami Yugi was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Gansley.
- In episode 102, this card can be seen when Téa Gardner was building her Virtual World Deck for her Duel against Crump.
- In episode 106, this card can be seen when Duke Devlin, Tristan Taylor, and Serenity Wheeler were building their Virtual World Decks for their Duel against Nezbitt.
- In episode 108, this card can be seen when Seto Kaiba was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Leichter.
- In episode 109, this card appears in a flashback Leichter has when he explains to Seto that his treachery began when Gozaburo Kaiba gave him a large amount of dollars to test Seto's business skills.
Battle City Finals
- In episode 140, this card appears in a flashback that Yami Yugi has when he remembers his Duel against Strings as well as "Revival Jam" which caused a great amount of problems for him in that Duel.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters
- This card used its TCG/OCG effect.
- In episode 18, Syrus Truesdale uses this card during his Duel against Dimitri. When "Ancient Gear Golem" attacks "Jetroid", Syrus uses the effect of "Jetroid" to activate this card from his hand, allowing Syrus to negate the attack and inflict damage to Dimitri equal to the ATK of "Ancient Gear Golem", which wins Syrus the Duel.
- In episode 82, Bastion Misawa Sets this card during his Duel against Chazz Princeton, but did not activate it. Bastion could have won the Duel if he had activated this card when "Combat Scissor Beetle" attacked "Plasma Warrior Eitom", however Sartorius mentally convinced him to not play it if he wished to join the Society and this ultimately made him choose not to activate this card. "Combat Scissor Beetle" then destroys "Eitom". "Combat Scissor Beetle" then inflicts 1000 damage to Bastion, defeating him.
- In episode 84, this card was seen in Syrus' hand during his Duel against a Slifer Red student during the Genex Tournament. Syrus had planned to activate this card from his hand when "Berserk Gorilla" attacks "Jetroid", but his opponent then Tributes "Berserk Gorilla" to summon "Jinzo", whose effect prevents Trap Cards from being activated.
- In episode 157, this card can be seen among the many "defective" card stacks stored in suitcases after Alexis Rhodes, Chazz, Syrus and Tyranno Hassleberry gather them up.
- In episode 168, this card can be seen in a display case among others as part of a replica of Yugi Muto's Deck.
- In episode 179, this card can be seen in a display case among others as part of a replica of Yugi Muto's Deck.
- In episode 180, Yugi Muto uses this card during his Duel against Jaden Yuki. When "Elemental Hero Magma Neos" (whose ATK was 6300 due to its own effect and the effect of "Neo Space") attacks "Dark Magician Girl", Yugi activates this card to negate the attack and inflict the ATK of "Magma Neos" as damage to Jaden. Jaden then activates "Contact Out" to return "Magma Neos" to the Extra Deck and Special Summon "Elemental HERO Neos", "Neo-Spacian Flare Scarab", and "Neo-Spacian Grand Mole" from his Deck. Since "Magma Neos" left the field, this card resolves without effect as it lost its original target.
- In episode 101, this card appears in a flashback Jean has when he notes that his individual teammates and himself weren't strong individually before they met each other. Andre had this card face-down during his Ground Duel against an unknown opponent, but did not activate it. The unknown opponent uses "Command Knight" to attack directly and win the Duel. After the Duel, Jean noted if he had activated this card, he could have won. Jean then asked why Andre did not try to play it. Jean assumed that Andre had pity towards his opponent and that prevented Andre from playing the card. Jean then tells Andre if he wants to win a duel, then he should not let something like pitying his opponent hold him back.
- In the non-canon duel North American WCQ 2011 Special: Yugi vs. Yusei, Yugi activates this card to negate Yusei's "Shooting Star Dragon's" attack on "Dark Magician Girl". However, Yusei uses "Damage Eater" to have "Magic Cylinder" increase his Life Points instead of inflicting damage.
- In the non-canon duel North American WCQ 2014 Special: Astral vs. Yugi, Yugi activates this card in response to Astral's "Number 39: Utopia's" attack on "Dark Magician of Chaos", negating the attack. Astral reduces the effect damage of this card to 0 with the effect of "Interceptomato". Astral uses this card’s negation of “Utopia’s” attack as the activation requirement for “Double or Nothing!”.
- In the non-canon duel World Championship 2016 Special: Yugi vs. Kaiba, Yugi uses this card in his Duel with Seto Kaiba. He activates it from his hand via the effect of "Ebon High Magician" when it is attacked by "Blue-Eyes White Dragon". Kaiba responds with "Enemy Controller", tributing his attacking monster to target and take control of "Ebon High Magician". Yugi responds again with the effect of "Ebon High Magician", activating "Dark Illusion" to negate the activation of "Enemy Controller" and destroy it. This card resolves without effect since its original target left the field.
- Jaden Yuki, Syrus Truesdale, Alexis Rhodes, Bastion Misawa, Zane Truesdale, Lyman Banner, Slade Princeton, Zanny, Deron, Enzo, Pablo, Corey and Celia use this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force.
- Albie, Gunnie, Hild, Kuroe, Marshmallon and Underworld Guardian - Moley use this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator.
- Figaro uses this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus.