Card Rulings:Axe of Despair
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind: If a monster with 1000 ATK gains 1000 ATK from “Axe of Despair” and is then targeted by “Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind”, its ATK is now 1000, and remains 1000 if “Axe of Despair” is destroyed.
Judge Program Forum Rulings
These Ruling(s) have not been confirmed as applicable to the TCG.[Notes 1]
- Tributing a monster on your side of the field is a cost of the effect that returns this card to the Deck.
- The effects "destroy all face-up Spell and Traps" and "inflict 300 damage to each player for each card destroyed" of "Fairy Wind" are considered to resolve simultaneously. If "Axe of Despair" is destroyed by "Fairy Wind", then you can activate the effect of "Axe of Despair". (You do not miss the timing.)
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Infernity Doom Dragon: The damage inflicted by the effect of "Infernity Doom Dragon" is equal to half the ATK of the destroyed monster while it is on the field.
- Inverse Universe: When "Inverse Universe" resolves, its effect replaces the monster's ATK and DEF values.
- Example: "Elemental Hero Neos Alius" (1900 ATK / 1300 DEF) is equipped with "Axe of Despair" (+1000 ATK). After "Inverse Universe" resolves, "Elemental Hero Neos Alius" will have 1300 ATK / 2900 DEF. These values do not change if "Axe of Despair" is destroyed. Afterwards, if "Elemental Hero Neos Alius" is then equipped with "Black Pendant" (+500 ATK), then "Elemental Hero Neos Alius" will have 1800 ATK.
- Junk Warrior: When the effect of "Junk Warrior" increases its ATK, its ATK is increased by the current ATK (not original ATK) of all Level 2 or lower monsters on your field, determined when the effect of "Junk Warrior" resolves.
- Majestic Red Dragon: For the ATK-increasing effect of "Majestic Red Dragon", the ATK increase also includes ATK modifications from Equip Cards like "Axe of Despair" that are equipped to the targeted monster.
Previously Official Rulings
These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been declared unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: 
- Konami Judge Program Rulings are considered unverified, as their source(s) are not publicly viewable. They are not confirmed as applicable to the TCG until they have been officially published by Konami.
- Konami OCG Card Database: Axe of Despair
- Konami FAQ: Are the "destroy all Spell/Trap Cards" and "inflict damage" effects of "Fairy Wind" considered to resolve simultaneously?
- Konami FAQ: For the damage-inflicting effect of "Infernity Doom Dragon", the damage inflicted uses the ATK of the destroyed monster at what time?
- Konami FAQ: If an ATK is increased by an Equip Spell Card, then how does "Inverse Universe" change the ATK?
- Konami FAQ: Does the increase to ATK by the effect of "Junk Warrior" also included changes caused by other cards' effects?
- Konami FAQ: Does the ATK-increasing effect of "Majestic Red Dragon" also include modifications from Equip Cards?
- UDE Judge List: Limiter Removal Clarification
- UDE Judge List: Megamorph problems!
- UDE Judge List: submarineroid with stacking
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS