Card Rulings:Cocoon of Evolution
- The effect "You can equip this card from your hand as an Equip Spell Card to a face-up "Petit Moth" on the field." is an Ignition Effect that activates from the hand.
- This effect targets 1 "Petit Moth" you control. While this card is equipped, it is treated as an Equip Spell Card.
- "If equipped, the ATK and DEF of "Cocoon of Evolution" is applied to "Petit Moth"." is treated as the effect of an Equip Spell Card.
- While this effect is being applied, the original ATK of "Petit Moth" becomes 0 and its original DEF becomes 2000.
- You can Special Summon "Larvae Moth"/"Great Moth"/"Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth" while "Cocoon of Evolution" is being negated, such as by "Armored Glass".
- You can Special Summon "Cocoon of Evolution" from the Graveyard. If you Special Summon "Cocoon of Evolution" from the Graveyard, you cannot use its effect to equip it from the field to "Petit Moth".
Previously Official Rulings
These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been declared unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: 
- Konami OCG Card Database: Cocoon of Evolution
- Konami OCG Card Database: With the effect of "Last Will", can "Cocoon of Evolution" be Special Summoned as a monster?
- Konami OCG Card Database: During the turn in which "Armored Glass" was activated, can you Tribute "Cocoon of Evolution" to Summon "Larva Moth"?
- Konami OCG Card Database: When "Petit Moth" is destroyed, is "Cocoon of Evolution" destroyed? Also, can it be Special Summoned from the Graveyard?
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS