Card Rulings:Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar
- The effects that destroy 1 card or return cards to the hand are targeted effects. The effect that distributes A-Counters is not a targeted effect.
- The number of A-Counters distributed is based on the number of Spell/Trap Cards actually returned to the hand. If a chained effect destroys a Spell/Trap Card targeted by “Cosmic Fortress Gol’gar” before it is returned to the hand, no A-Counter is distributed for that particular Spell/Trap Card.
- The effect that places A-Counters targets the Spell/Trap Cards to be returned. It does not target the monster(s) who will receive the A-Counters.
- Removing two A-Counters from the field is a Cost to destroy one card on your opponent's field.
- For "you can remove 2 A-Counters from the field", you can remove A-Counters from your opponent's field.
- A: You can target a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Monster treated as an Equip Card with the effect of "Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar". In that case, the targeted monster returns to the Extra Deck instead of the hand, so when you place A-Counters on monsters, the returned Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Link Monster does not count towards the number of counters placed.
- Konami Gameplay FAQ: Crimson Crisis -- Card Rulings (version 2.0)
- Konami FAQ: Please explain the details of the effects of "Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar".
- Konami FAQ: Synchro Monster > Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar
- Konami FAQ: When placing counters with the effect of "Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar", can you choose to place the counters on multiple monsters?
- Konami FAQ: Can you remove an A-Counter on the opponent's field as a cost for "Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar"?
- Konami OCG Card Database: Ruling #7949