Card Rulings:Drastic Drop Off
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Power Tool Dragon: When "Power Tool Dragon," equipped with "Double Tool C&D," is destroyed by battle during your opponent's turn, and you send "Double Tool C&D" to the Graveyard instead to protect “Power Tool Dragon,” the effect of “Double Tool C&D” that destroys the opponent’s monster does not activate, because it is not on the field at the end of the Damage Step. The effects of “Power Tool Dragon” that add a card to your hand and return 2 cards to the Deck happen at the same time. You can activate “Drastic Drop Off” after the effect resolves.
- Preparation of Rites: "Drastic Drop Off" cannot be activated if a Ritual Spell Card is added to your hand by this effect.
- When the opponent draws a card during the Draw Phase because it is the start of his turn, "Drastic Drop Off" may be activated.
Versus Specific Cards
- Number 56: Gold Rat: Resolving the effect of "Number 56: Gold Rat" ends with you returning a card to your Deck. The last thing to happen is not you adding a card to your hand, so your opponent cannot activate "Drastic Drop Off".
- Preparation of Rites: For "Preparation of Rites", the resolution which adds a Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand does not occur at the same time as the resolution which adds a Ritual Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand. You add the Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand, and then you add the Ritual Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.
- Snoww, Unlight of Dark World: The effects of "Snoww, Unlight of Dark World" are not treated as resolving simultaneously. If it is discarded by an opponent's card effect, then its effect ends with you optionally Special Summoning a monster. If you choose to not Special Summon a monster, then the last thing to resolve is you adding a "Dark World" monster to your hand, so "Drastic Drop Off" can be activated. Also, if it is not possible for you to Special Summon a monster, then "Drastic Drop Off" can be activated.
Previously Official Rulings
These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been declared unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: 
- Konami FAQ: Can "Drastic Drop Off" be activated when a card is draw because it is the Draw Phase?
- Konami OCG FAQ: Are drawing and returning to your Deck for "Number 56: Gold Rat" done simultaneously?
- Konami FAQ: When resolving "Preparation of Rites", are the Ritual Monster and the Ritual Spell Card added to your hand at the same time?
- Konami OCG FAQ: Are the "add to the hand" and "Special Summon" effects of "Snoww, Unlight of Dark World" treated as resolving simultaneously?
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS