Card Rulings:Fantastical Dragon Phantazmay
- This card's effect that Special Summons it from your hand and draws cards is a Trigger Effect that activates in your hand. (It does not target, and cannot be activated during the Damage Step.)
- Special Summoning this card from your hand and drawing cards do not happen simultaneously. Also, drawing cards and returning cards to your Deck do not happen simultaneously.
- This card's effect that negates the activation of an opponent's card effect is a Quick Effect. (Discarding a card is the cost to activate this effect, and it can be activated during the Damage Step.)
- This effect does not target. It can be activated by chaining directly to an opponent's card or effect that targets a monster in your Monster Zone.
- Q: When my opponent Special Summons a "Prank-Kids Rip-Roarin-Roaster", I activate the effect of "Fantastical Dragon Phantazmay" in my hand. If my opponent chains the effect of "Prank-Kids Rip-Roarin-Roaster" by Tributing it so that it is no longer on the field, how does the effect of "Fantastical Dragon Phantazmay" resolve?
- A: As in this scenario, even if there are no Link Monsters on your opponent's field when the effect of "Fantastical Dragon Phantazmay" resolves, it is Special Summoned from your hand normally. Although you will draw 1 card with the effect, you will not return any cards to your Deck.
- A: In this scenario, the effect of "Fantastical Dragon Phantazmay" resolves while the effect of your opponent's "Protector of the Sanctuary" that prevents you from drawing is applying. In this case, "Fantastical Dragon Phantazmay" is Special Summoned from your hand normally, but you do not draw any cards or return any cards from your hand to the Deck. (The effect finishes resolving by Special Summoning "Fantastical Dragon Phantazmay" from your hand.)