Card Rulings:Guard Mines
- This effect does not target. This card can be activated by directly chaining to an opponent's monster effect, or activation of a Spell or Trap Card, that targets 1 monster in your monster zone and would destroy that monster, by directly chaining to it.
- This card cannot be chained to the activation of only an effect of a Spell or Trap Card.
- This card cannot be chained to a card or effect that targets two or more cards.
- This card can be activated during the damage step.
- Negate the activation and destroy it and inflict 500 damage to your opponent are not considered to occur simultaneously.
These TCG rulings were issued by Konami before the introduction of Problem-Solving Card Text. Since the introduction of the new text structure, individual card rulings for the TCG are no longer issued or actively maintained. They have never been formally overturned as a whole and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules and do not contradict card text.
- Guard Mines
- Konami Gameplay FAQ: The Shining Darkness Sneak Peek -- Card Rulings (Version 1.0)
- Tewart, Kevin (May 20, 2011). "Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME » Problem-Solving Card Text, Part 1: Reading the Cards of Tomorrow". Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME STRATEGY SITE!. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
Rules posted online will be limited to super-complicated and really weird situations. Imagine going down to a dozen pages of card rules, instead of a thousand. It could happen.