Card Rulings:Mermaid Archer
- If “Imperial Order” or “Spell Canceller” are active, “Mermaid Archer” still gains the 800 ATK from a monster equipped to it.
- If “Mermaid Archer” and the monster equipped to it would be destroyed at the same time (by “Judgment Dragon,” for example), you cannot destroy the equipped monster to save “Mermaid Archer.”
- Only monsters equipped to “Mermaid Archer” by “Mermaid Archer’s” own effect can be destroyed instead of “Mermaid Archer.”
- If “Mermaid Archer” is equipped with a monster by its own effect, and also equipped with “Metallizing Parasite – Lunatite” at the same time, and it would be destroyed, “Metallizing Parasite – Lunatite” automatically destroys itself with its effect, so you cannot choose to destroy the other monster equipped to “Mermaid Archer.”
- If "Mermaid Archer" and the equipped monster would be destroyed simultaneously by "Demise, King of Armageddon"/"Judgment Dragon"/"Final Destiny"/etc, then you cannot apply the effect of "Mermaid Archer" and destroy the equipped monster instead.
- When "Mermaid Archer" is equipped with a Union Monster like "Metallizing Parasite - Lunatite" and a Level 3 or lower monsters, if "Mermaid Archer" would be destroyed by battle, then "Metallizing Parasite - Lunatite" is destroyed instead. "Mermaid Archer" would not be destroyed, so you cannot destroy the Level 3 or lower monster instead.
- Konami Gameplay FAQ: Raging Battle -- Card Rulings (version 1.2)
- Konami FAQ: Effect Monster > Mermaid Archer
- Konami FAQ: When "Mermaid Archer" and the equipped card would be destroyed simultaneously, can the equipped card be destroyed as a substitute?
- Konami FAQ: When "Mermaid Archer" is destroyed by battle, can both an equipped Union Monster and an equipped Level 3 or lower monster?