|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Card Rulings:Mirror Force
Judge Program Forum Rulings
These Ruling(s) have not been confirmed as applicable to the TCG.[Notes 1]
- If a card like "Mirror Force" is activated in response to an attack, then "Negate Attack" can still be activated in chain. However, note that "Negate Attack" will resolve first, so cards like "Enchanted Javelin" or "Magical Arm Shield" will resolve without effect because the monster is no longer attacking. Cards like "Mirror Force" or "Widespread Ruin" which have the text, "Activate only when your opponent declares an attack." only have the attack declaration as activation conditions, so their effects will still be applied even if the attack is negated. If "Kunai with Chain" is activated and then a chained card negates the attack, then "Kunai with Chain" will still give +500 ATK, but the attacking monster will not be changed to Defense Position.
- There is no attack declaration when battling by the effect of "Equip Shot" - it moves the game forward to Damage Calculation when resolving the effect. Card like "Mirror Force" and "Sakuretsu Armor" cannot be activated because of this.
- You can activate "Morphtronic Forcefield" against "Mirror Force" if you control a face-up Attack Position "Morphtronic" monster.
- "Obelisk the Tormentor" can be destroyed by effects that do not target, such as "Judgment Dragon", "Lightning Vortex", "Mirror Force", etc.
- If the effect of "Scrubbed Raid" is activated when a monster declares an attack, then the Battle Phase ends, so the attacking monster can no longer be treated as an "attacking monster".
- If the effect of "Scrubbed Raid" is activated in Chain to an effect like "Sakuretsu Armor" or "Dimensional Prison", then the effect of "Sakuretsu Armor" is not applied, and the attacking monster remains on the field.
- If the effect of "Scrubbed Raid" is activated in Chain to "Magic Cylinder", then the Battle Phase ends, so "Magic Cylinder" cannot negate the attack so the effect of inflicting damage equal to the monster's ATK is not applied.
- The effect of "Mirror Force" only destroys all monsters in Attack Position, so all Attack Position monsters will still be destroyed even if the effect of "Scrubbed Raid" ends the Battle Phase.
Mentions in Other Rulings
- If a monster that declared an attack is sent to the Graveyard, then it is no longer treated as a monster that declared an attack. Thus, if a monster attacks and is destroyed by "Mirror Force" and is then Special Summoned by "Call of the Haunted", then it can attack a second time.
Previously Official Rulings
These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been declared unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: 
- Konami Judge Program Rulings are considered unverified, as their source(s) are not publicly viewable. They are not confirmed as applicable to the TCG until they have been officially published by Konami.
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Chains / Cadenas
- Konami Judge Program Forum: battle phase timming
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Attack response
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Royal Decree Vs. Mirror Force and MST
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Battle Fader vs LADD vs Mirror Force
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Legendary Six Samurai -Shi En vs Mirror Force vs Dim. Prison
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Royal Oppression Vs 2 Battle Faders
- Konami OCG FAQ: Trap Card > Mirror Force
- Konami FAQ: If "Magical Arm Shield" or "Enchanted Javelin" are activated in response to an attack, can "Negate Attack" be chained?
- Konami FAQ: When battling by the effect of "Equip Shot", can "Sakuretsu Armor" be activated?
- Konami FAQ: Can "Morphtronic Barrier" be Chained to a card which does not target?
- Konami FAQ: Can a face-up "Obelisk the Tormentor" be destroyed by effects that do not target like "Lightning Vortex"?
- Konami FAQ: If the effect of "Scrubbed Raid" is activated in Chain to the effect of "Sakuretsu Armor" or "Mirror Force", then is the monster destroyed?
- Konami OCG FAQ: If you Special Summon a monster with "Call of the Haunted" after it attacks, then can it attack again?
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS