Card Rulings:Rain Bozu
- This effect starts a chain. (This effect targets 1 face-up monster in your monster zone. You can only activate this effect in your Main Phase.)
- This effect cannot be activated if the number of cards in both players' Extra Decks are the same.
- The effect which increases this card's attack during your turn, and defence during the opponent's turn, based on the difference between the number of cards in each player's Extra Deck, is a continuous effect. 
- "If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase" is a continuous effect.
- The "If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone" effect is a trigger effect. (This effect does not target, and it can be activated during the damage step.)
- Q: If my opponent has 14 cards in their Extra Deck, and I have 18 cards in my Extra Deck including face-up Pendulum Monsters, can I activate the Pendulum Effect of Rain Bozu?
- A: The Pendulum Effect of Rain Bozu increases the ATK of a targeted monster by 100 × the difference between the number of cards in each player’s Extra Deck. That not only includes situations in which your opponent’s Extra Deck has more cards than yours, but also when your Extra Deck has more cards than your opponent’s.
- Q: If a face-down Defense Position Rain Bozu on my field is destroyed by battle or a card effect, can I activate its effect that places it in the Pendulum Zone?
- A: Even if a face-down Defense Position Rain Bozu on your field is destroyed by battle or a card effect, you can activate its effect that places it in the Pendulum Zone.