Card Rulings:Summoner of Illusions
- "Bottomless Trap Hole" cannot be activated during the Damage Step, such as when "Summoner of Illusions" Special Summons a monster when it is attacked while face-down.
- After a monster is Special Summoned by "Summoner of Illusions" or "Magical Scientist", "Skill Drain" cannot negate the effect. The monster will still be destroyed/returned to the Extra Deck during the End Phase.
- You can use the effect of a card like "Metamorphosis" or "Cyber-Stein" or "Summoner of Illusions" to Special Summon a monster with the text "A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters.", such as "Cyber End Dragon" or "Cyber Twin Dragon".
- If an effect like "Book of Moon" is Chained to the Flip Effect of "Summoner of Illusions" so that "Summoner of Illusions" is face-down when its effect is resolving, then you still cannot Tribute "Summoner of Illusions" when resolving its effect.
Mentions in Other Rulings
- When a Fusion Monster is Special Summoned by "Cyber-Stein", it cannot be Special Summoned when "Red-Moon Baby" destroys it by battle.
Previously Official Rulings
These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been declared unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: 
- Konami FAQ: Can "Bottomless Trap Hole" be activated in the Damage Step?
- Konami FAQ: Effect Monster > Summoner of Illusions
- Konami FAQ: When a monster is Special Summoned by "Summoner of Illusions", etc, and "Skill Drain" is activated, what happens to the Fusion Monster during the End Phase?
- Konami FAQ: Can you use the effect of a card like "Cyber-Stein" to Special Summon "Cyber End Dragon"?
- Konami OCG FAQ: If "Summoner of Illusions" is face-down when resolving its effect, then can it be Tributed?
- Konami FAQ: When a Fusion Monster which was Special Summoned by "Cyber-Stein" is destroyed by "Red Moon Baby", can it be Special Summoned from the Graveyard?
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS