Card Rulings:Trap Reactor・Y FI
- When resolving the effect of "Flying Fortress SKY FIRE"/"Trap Reactor・Y FI"/"Spell Reactor・RE", if the Spell/Trap Card is not on the field or otherwise cannot be destroyed, then the monster's effect will not inflict 800 damage.
- The effects of "Trap Reactor・Y FI" and "Spell Reactor・RE" negate neither the activation nor the effect of the Trap/Spell Card to which the monster's effect is chained. However, if a Continuous Spell Card/Equip Spell Card/etc is destroyed, then its effect is not applied.
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Summon Reactor・SK: Sending "Summon Reactor・SK", "Trap Reactor・Y FI", and "Spell Reactor・RE" to the Graveyard is a cost to activate the effect of "Summon Reactor・SK" which Special Summons "Flying Fortress SKY FIRE".
These TCG rulings were issued by Konami before the introduction of Problem-Solving Card Text. Since the introduction of the new text structure, individual card rulings for the TCG are no longer issued or actively maintained. They have never been formally overturned as a whole and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules and do not contradict card text.
- Konami OCG Card Database: Trap Reactor ・YFI
- Konami OCG Card Database: Is damage inflicted by the effect of "Trap Reactor・Y FI"/"Spell Reactor・RE" if the Spell/Trap Card cannot be destroyed during resolution?
- Konami OCG Card Database: Do the effects of "Trap Reactor・Y FI" and "Spell Reactor・RE" negate the effects of the cards they destroy?
- Konami OCG Card Database: Summon Reactor・SK
- Konami Gameplay FAQ: Crimson Crisis – Card Rulings (version 2.0)
- Tewart, Kevin (May 20, 2011). "Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME » Problem-Solving Card Text, Part 1: Reading the Cards of Tomorrow". Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME STRATEGY SITE!. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
Rules posted online will be limited to super-complicated and really weird situations. Imagine going down to a dozen pages of card rules, instead of a thousand. It could happen.