|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Card Rulings:Urgent Tuning
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Discord: You cannot activate “Urgent Tuning” while “Discord” is active because it lets you perform a Synchro Summon. If “Discord” is Chained to the activation of “Urgent Tuning” the effect of “Urgent Tuning” is not applied and no monsters are sent to the Graveyard.
- Magicat: When you Synchro Summon a Spellcaster-Type monster with "Urgent Tuning" that was activated as Chain Link 2 or higher using "Magicat" as a Synchro Material Monster, you can activate the effect to return a Spell Card in a new Chain after the first one resolves.
- "Solemn Judgment" can be used to negate the Synchro Summon by "Urgent Tuning", but only if "Urgent Tuning" is Chain Link 1. Otherwise, the Synchro Summon occurs in the middle of resolving a chain, so you cannot interrupt the Chain by activating "Solemn Judgment".
- If "Offerings to the Doomed" etc. is chained to "Urgent Tuning":
- If all your Tuner monsters and/or all your non-Tuner monsters are destroyed, then it would be impossible to Synchro Summon regardless of the Synchro Monster (since you always need 1 Tuner and at least 1 non-Tuner), so the effect ends and you do not have to verify your Extra Deck.
- If the total levels of monsters you control changes, then you still must Synchro Summon a monster, even if it is a different one than what you originally intended to Synchro Summon. If you do not have a Synchro Monster that can be Synchro Summoned with your monsters, then you must show your Extra Deck to your opponent to verify.
- This card does not Synchro Summon the Synchro Monster from the Extra Deck. It allows you to perform a Synchro Summon. This Synchro Summon is performed the same way that Synchro Summons usually are done, including how you must send the Synchro Material Monsters to the Graveyard.
- To activate this card, you must control the proper Synchro Material Monsters to Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster.
- If "Urgent Tuning" is activated at Chain Link 2 or higher so that you Synchro Summon in the middle of a Chain and "Beast of the Pharaoh" was one of the Synchro Material Monsters, then you can activate the effect of "Beast of the Pharaoh" after the Chain finishes resolving, without having its effect miss the timing.
- If "Nitro Synchron" is used as a Synchro Material Monster because "Urgent Tuning" is activated at Chain Link 2+ to Synchro Summon a monster in the middle of resolving a Chain, then the effect of "Nitro Synchron" activates after the current Chain finishes resolving, without missing the timing. Similarly, if "Sinister Sprocket" or "Beast of the Pharaoh" is used for a Synchro Summon in the middle of resolving a Chain, then its optional effect can be activated after the current Chain resolves, without missing the timing.
- If you are Synchro Summoning because you activated "Urgent Tuning", then you may perform the Synchro Summon by using "Eccentric Boy" and a monster in your hand. In this case, if you do not have a monster in your hand which can be used as a Synchro Material Monster or you do not have a Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck which can be Special Summoned, then the opponent can check your hand and your Extra Deck to verify. Also in this case, you cannot activate "Urgent Tuning" if you do not have a monster in your hand which can be used for a Synchro Summon.
Previously Official Rulings
These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been declared unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: 
Out of Date
- This card's latest errata states that you Synchro Summon after the effect resolves.
- Konami FAQ: Trap Card > Urgent Tuning
- Konami FAQ: When performing a Synchro Summon with "Urgent Tuning", can "Solemn Judgment"'s effect negate the Synchro Summon?
- Konami FAQ: With "Urgent Tuning", when a chained card reduces the number of monsters you control, how does it resolve?
- Konami FAQ: With "Urgent Tuning", can you Special Summon the Synchro Monster without sending the Synchro Material Monsters to the Graveyard?
- Konami FAQ: If "Beast of the Pharaoh" is used as a Synchro Material Monster in the middle of resolving a Chain, then can its effect be activated without missing the timing?
- Konami FAQ: If you Synchro Summon at Chain Link 2+, then can you activate the effect of a "Nitro Synchron" which was used as a Synchro Material?
- Konami FAQ: If you activate "Urgent Tuning", then can you Synchro Summon by sending to the Graveyard "Eccentric Boy" and monster in your hand as Synchro Material Monsters?
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS