Card Rulings:Vengeful Servant
- The effect of “Vengeful Servant” starts a chain when control of the monster switches. If a Continuous Effect would destroy the equipped monster first (example: an equipped “Thunder Nyan Nyan” switches sides and is destroyed immediately), then the effect of “Vengeful Servant” does not activate and it does not inflict damage.
- If “Remove Brainwashing” is active and a monster equipped with “Vengeful Servant” switches sides, that monster immediately switches back to the original controller. The effect of “Vengeful Servant” then starts a chain (and only activates once, in this case) and the original controller of the monster takes damage.
- When "Remove Brainwashing" is on the field while a monster is equipped with "Vengeful Servant", if the equipped monster changes control, it will immediately switch back before the effect of "Vengeful Servant" can activate. Afterwards, "Vengeful Servant" will activate once, and inflict damage to the equipped monster's current controller: its original owner.
- Konami Gameplay FAQ: Crimson Crisis -- Card Rulings (version 2.0)
- Konami FAQ: Spell Card > Vengeful Servant
- Konami FAQ: When control of a monster equipped with "Vengeful Servant" changes, does the effect which inflicts damage start a Chain?
- Konami FAQ: While "Remove Brainwashing" is active and control of a monster equipped with "Vengeful Servant" changes, does either player receive damage?