Card Tips:Dark Illusion
- This card can be searched by "A Cat of Ill Omen", "Guiding Ariadne", and "Sacred Arch-Airknight Parshath".
- "Dark Illusion" can still be activated if an Effect Monster's effect/Spell/Trap targets two or more monsters, as long as one or more of the targeted monster is DARK.
- Note that this card can negate Effect Monsters and destroy them. This is considerably useful since you can destroy troublesome monsters such as "Dark Armed Dragon", "Dark End Dragon", "Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" or "Scrap Dragon". A Spell or Trap usually goes to the Graveyard anyways, but monsters stay on the field.
- This is a good card that can be used to Special Summon "Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord", as it can negate all 3 kinds of card effects, making him potentially able to activate any of his 3 effects.
- One commonly overlooked ability of this card is to negate an effect that targets your opponent's DARK monster, like an Equip Card.
- This card is useful with "Belial - Marquis of Darkness" since it is the only monster that can be targeted with an effect by your opponent.
- This card works well with "Dark Voltanis" in your hand.