Card Tips:Manticore of Darkness
- This card can be searched by "Onslaught of the Fire Kings", "Tri-Brigade Airborne Assault", "Tri-Brigade Shuraig the Ominous Omen", "Fire Fortress atop Liang Peak", "Hiita the Fire Charmer, Ablaze", "Rescue Ferret", "Witch of the Black Forest", and other generic searchers.
- Because "Manticore" is hard to search due to its high ATK and Level, a good way to get it out is with "Brushfire Knight" or "Foolish Burial". You can either revive it with its own effect (if you have an applicable monster), or simply use "Monster Reborn". You can simply use "Generation Shift" to get the other one out from your Deck. This has become somewhat easier due to "Manticore" now being Unlimited, thus allowing you to draw it faster. In Exodia Decks, consider using several Deck-thinners and recruiters (both for defense and Tribute fodder for this card), as well as cards such as "Magical Mallet" and "Card Trader" to send back unwanted recruiters.
- Recruiters such as "Hyena", "Nimble Momonga", "Giant Rat" and "Bubonic Vermin" can all be included in the same deck to thin it out, as well as be excellent candidates for "Manticore".
- An immensely powerful strategy is to use "Foolish Burial" to send this card to the Graveyard, then use another "Manticore" to fulfill it's price and keep sending each other over and over again while "Skull Invitation" or "Fatal Abacus" and "Prime Material Dragon" are on the field. Using this would basically rise your Life Points to infinity.
- You can Summon this card by sending "Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness" to the Graveyard, then use its effect to destroy this card. Repeat this while you have an active "Backfire" to continuously inflict damage to your opponent, resulting in an OTK.
- If your opponent activates "Maxx "C"" against you, you can use the loop created by 2 copies of this card against them; since it is not an optional draw, you can force them to draw their entire Deck, then, once you activate this card's effect again, they won't be able to draw for "Maxx "C"'s" effect and automatically lose by Deck Out.
- If they are using an Exodia Deck, however, this plan will backfire on you quite badly.
- As a Level 6 FIRE Beast-Warrior monster, this card works very well with "Hazy Flame" and "Fire King" cards.
- This card's effect can be used if it's used as a Synchro Material or Tribute for a Tribute Summon or Ritual Summon. Also, detaching it as Xyz Material sends it to the Graveyard.
- The effect of "Manticore of Darkness'" allows you to Tribute a monster from the hand or field in order to Special Summon "Manticore of Darkness" from the Graveyard while "Card of Safe Return" allows a duelist to draw a card each time a monster is Special Summoned from the Graveyard. Repeat the process as much as you want to draw as many cards as you want.