|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Card Tips:Sea Lancer
- This card can be searched by "Mother Grizzly", "Fire Fortress atop Liang Peak", "Rescue Ferret", "Chaos-End Master", "Umbramirage the Elemental Lord", "Sangan", "Witch of the Black Forest", and other generic searchers.
- You can also use "Transmodify" on "Mother Grizzly" to summon out "Sea Lancer" directly from your deck.
- Due to the previous ruling of "Poison Draw Frog" with "Relinquished", when it is equipped to this card it still has its effect and thus every time you send a "Poison Draw Frog" equipped to "Sea Lancer" to the Graveyard to protect "Sea Lancer" you also get a free draw. With 3 copies of "Poison Draw Frog" you get 3 free draws every time you summon "Sea Lancer". (This also works with the effect of "Dupe Frog", allowing you to search a "Frog" monster instead of drawing.)
- Other interesting cards to equip to "Sea Lancer" include "Oyster Meister" (to get his effect when sent to the Graveyard). "Oyster Meister" can produce a token that can serve as a substitute for "Treeborn Frog", as it can't summon itself when "Sea Lancer" is equipped with monsters.
- Additionally, equip Dupe Frog to nab a Frog monster when this card would be destroyed.
- Normal summon this card without Tribute by using "A Legendary Ocean".
- You can use this card with "Ronintoadin", "Fenrir", "Aqua Spirit", or "Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls" to get monsters removed for the effect of "Sea Lancer".
- Discard a "Frog" Monster to Special Summon "Swap Frog", then send "Ronintoadin" to the Graveyard. Use "Swap Frog's" effect to return itself to your hand. Activate "Ronintoadin" by banishing the monster you discarded and Special Summon it, then tribute it for "Sea Lancer". You can now equip the monster you just banished.
- "Friller Rabca" can also banish itself to later become fodder for "Sea Lancer". When later "Friller Rabca" is sent to the graveyard because of "Sea Lancer's" effect, you can use its effect again.
- Cards worth equipping to "Sea Lancer":
- Combine this card with "Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier" in order to return banished fish, sea serpent and aqua monsters back to the hand.