|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Card Tips:Soul Exchange
- Because the effect of "Substitoad" tributes a monster, you can use "Soul Exchange" to tribute an opponent's monster to special summon a "Frog" monster, giving you fodder for further defensive combos, such as special summoning a Dupe Frog to cause a "Frog Lock."
- Use this card in combination with "Super Conductor Tyranno" to inflict 1000 damage and destroy one of your opponents monsters.
- You can combo this card with "Enemy Controller" in order to use one of your opponent's monster as a Tribute in order to gain control of another one of their monsters. In addition, this could be further combo'd by Tributing the gained monster for a tribute monster of your own.
- Using cards such as "Spell Reclamation" and "Magical Stone Excavation" will allow you to re-use "Soul Exchange" and tribute more of your opponents monsters.
- You can use this card in combination with the "Monarchs" to gain added field advantage despite not being able to attack this turn, since you Tributed an opponent's monster and activated their effect.
- Use this card to Tribute Summon either "Delg the Dark Monarch" or "Kuraz the Light Monarch", since both deny you the ability to attack this turn.
- Use this card in a Toon Deck, as many of the monsters within cannot attack in the same turn, so the drawback of not being able to attack will not be as impairing.
- This card can be used to bluff an opponent into thinking you have a Tribute monster in hand. If you know the opponent is using "Crush Card Virus", use this card to draw out the Crush Card, even though you have no monsters in hand that it could take!
- You can use this card in combination with "Yubel" to fulfill it's Tribute requirement by Tributing one of your opponent's monsters.
- In a Ritual Deck, this can lessen the impact of losing Card Advantage by lowering your opponent's number of monsters.
- Use this card in combination with "Instant Fusion" to have two monsters to tribute in one turn.
- This card can work well as trap. Wait for your opponent to play a powerful monster and then use this card to destroy their monster and summon one of your own.
- Use it before you Summon "Hand of Nephthys" to check if opponent hides Spell Negation effects then activate the effect of Hand of Nephthys ridding the field of an opposing monster in the process.
- Use it if you think 1 of your monsters equipped with "Axe of Despair" will be destroyed this turn without engaging in a Battle Phase to return "Axe of Despair" and get rid of an opposing monster.