- This card can be searched by "Dark Sage", "Ancient Gear Drill", "Alchemic Magician", "Angmarl the Fiendish Monarch" and "Left Arm Offering".
- This card can be useful in an "Ice Barrier" Deck, as "Prior of the Ice Barrier" is a Level 2 Aqua and almost all "Ice Barrier" Tuner monsters fall into the category that this card targets, as well as a few other monsters that support the archetype.
- In a "Gishki" deck:
- Use this card with "Spined Gillman" to increase the ATK of your other Fish, Sea Serpent or Aqua monsters.
- Similarly, since most Fish, Sea Serpent and Aqua-type monsters are WATER-attribute, Special Summon "Deepsea Macrotrema" and forcefully trigger its effect (with cards like "Spiritual Water Art - Aoi") to strengthen the rest of your monsters.
- Use this card in a Fish Deck to revive most monsters in the deck:
- Revive "Treeborn Frog" for a Level 1 non-Tuner.
- Revive "Swap Frog" as a Level 2 non-Tuner and mill "Treeborn Frog" or "Ronintoadin". You can then bounce "Swap Frog" to your hand or Tribute it for a Tribute Summon.
- Revive "Oyster Meister" for a Level 3 non-Tuner that leaves a Level 1 Token when it's used to Synchro Summon.
- This card is useful to summon an Xyz Monster like "Black Ray Lancer". However, note that not all Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua-type monsters are WATER monsters, so they cannot fulfill the requirements to Summon "Black Ray Lancer".
- In a Deck specializing in "Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness", this card can be used on "Torpedo Fish" or "Cannonball Spear Shellfish", effectively becoming a one-for-one removal card.
- Since this card Summons a monster in DEF-position you won't be able to attack with it the same turn. That's why it is better to use this card to prepare for another Summon or effect.
- Summon a monster to support "Mermaid Archer" or "Armed Sea Hunter".
- Summon "Lost Blue Breaker" to use its effect to destroy an opponents spell or trap.
- Resummon a "Deep Diver" you used the previous turn to search for a high level monster. Then summon the high level monster using "Big Wave Small Wave" or via Tribute summoning.
- Summon a appropiate monster as material for a XYZ-, Synchro or -Fusion summon.
- If you control a low-Level WATER monster, revive "Fishborg Blaster" to use as a Tuner.
- Alternatively, if both "Fishborg Blaster" and a low-Level WATER monster are in your Graveyard, use "Surface" on the latter, then revive "Fishborg Blaster" with its effect.
- Level 3 or lower Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua-Type monsters that can be Special Summoned: