Card Tips:The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode
- This card can be searched by "The Winged Dragon of Ra - Immortal Phoenix", "Mound of the Bound Creator", "The True Name", and other generic searchers.
- This card is effective against Decks that rely on swarm tactics, such as "Blackwing", "tellarknight", "Six Samurai" and "Dark World".
- If this card is Tribute Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, use "Remove Brainwashing" or "Owner's Seal" to bring it back under your control immediately, so that its second effect can be used.
- This card can be banished from your Graveyard with the effect of "Phantom of Chaos" to have it gain this card's effect, allowing yourself to have another chance to use it, potentially letting multiple copies of "The Winged Dragon of Ra" to be Special Summoned with 4000 ATK and DEF.
- This card can be useful in getting rid of annoying monsters that prevent your Special Summons (since this card can only be Tribute Summoned), such as "Archlord Kristya" and "Vanity's Fiend".
- If there is a intend to place this card on your opponent's side of the field by Tributing their monsters, Special Summon "Silent Wobby" to their side of the field to use as a Tribute for this card, in case your opponent only controls 2 monsters.
- After Tributing this card to Special Summon "The Winged Dragon of Ra", use it to fuel the effect of "Catoblepas and the Witch of Fate" (which can be useful for eliminating monsters that would otherwise destroy "The Winged Dragon of Ra".
- Although unlikely, under no (or at least very few) circumstances should this card be Summoned against another Deck running the "Egyptian Gods". Doing so would essentially be handing your opponent a free 4000 beatstick, as they have a chance to Tribute "Sphere Mode" for "Ra" before the control of it is regained.
- This card can single-handedly get through an entire "unbreakable" field made up of multiple monsters that can negate any activated effect at their user's desire (notably "Shooting Quasar Dragon", "Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon", "Cyber Dragon Infinity", "Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy", "Toadally Awesome", and especially "Herald of Perfection") that otherwise put a lot of pressure on an opposing player by constantly negating anything they try to activate.