Card Tips:Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord
- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Transmodify", "Painful Escape", "Chaos Zone", "Magical Contract Door", "Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation", "Dragonic Guard", "Starliege Seyfert", "Draconnection", "Dragonic Tactics", "Hieratic Dragon King of Atum" and "Krystal Dragon".
- This card can be Tribute Summoned with one Tribute using "Double Coston", "Totem Dragon", "Keeper of the Shrine" and "The First Monarch".
- This card works well with most of the "Counter Fairy" cards because most of them have to do with Counter Trap Cards.
- If you have this card and another monster in your hand you want to Summon (such as "Voltanis the Adjudicator"), "Divine Wrath" makes this quite easy. By discarding the monster you want this card to Summon for "Divine Wrath"'s cost, you can negate the effect of one of your opponent's monsters (such as a "Monarch" or "Light and Darkness Dragon)", Summon this card, and then use its effect to Summon the monster you discarded.
- If you chain with "Vanity's Call", then you can Summon this card and activate more than one of its effects depending on the cards that were negated in the Chain.
- Use "A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon" to return this card to your hand and use its effect again.
- Take this further by reviving this card from the grave by "Queen Dragun Djinn" and then using "Wingbeat".
- You can use "Harvest Angel of Wisdom" to return your Counter Trap Cards to your hand. This also lets you use "Chaos Sorcerer".
- "Solemn Warning" is the best card to use with this card because it can negate any effect that Summons a monster, which lets you use any one of its secondary effects depending on the card that's negated.
- This card can be searched by "Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms".