- This card can be searched by "Wattrain", "Wattcobra", "Wattdragonfly", "Thunder Dragon Fusion", "Thunder Dragonduo", "Chaos Zone", "Photon Veil", "Shining Angel", "Sphere of Chaos", "Serpentine Princess", "Vampire Dragon", "Rescue Ferret", "Umbramirage the Elemental Lord", "Sangan", "Witch of the Black Forest", and other generic searchers.
- Turn your opponent's monsters to DEF position with "Enemy Controller" or similar cards, then attack them with this.
- Change your opponent's strong monster (e.g. "Judgment Dragon") to defense position and attack it with this card. Then they can't change it back to attack mode.
- Active "Waboku", then this card won't be destroyed by battle and you will receive no damage when attacking a stronger monster.
- "Honest" can be useful to destroy your opponent's strongest monsters and inflict more damage by attacking a second time through its effect.
- "Wattcube" gives "Wattwoodpecker" a permanent 1000 atk boost with the ability to attack twice per turn.
- Using "Secret Pass to the Treasures", or much more usefully "Wattkey" will let you do 2000 points of direct damage if your attack is successful.
- If "Wattcine" is on the field your opponent will lose 2000 while you gain 2000.
- Use "Wattkey" to inflict direct damage twice. Adding equip cards and several "Wattcine's" will give you a very large advantage over your opponent. However, attacking directly, your opponent will still be able to change their battle positions.
- You can also perform an FTK (provided you go second) with the right cards: This card,
"Wattkey" to attack directly, 3 "Wattcubes" to power it up to 4000 ATK, and a "Heavy Storm" to clear out any of your opponent's back row.