Card Trivia:Alexandrite Dragon
- This is the first Normal Monster to serve as a promotional card for a TCG Sneak Peek event.
- This card is nearly identical to "Gene-Warped Warwolf", as they are both Level 4 Normal Monsters with 2000 ATK and 100 DEF. The only differences are their Types and Attributes.
- "Alexandrite" is a crystalline semi-precious stone which is normally yellowish in daylight.
- The "czars' lost jewels" in the flavor text may refer to the Russian Crown Jewels which were last used to crown Czar Nicolas II and his wife, Empress Alexandra. The jewels went missing for a time after the USSR used them as collateral for a loan from Ireland, which was subsequently thrown into its own revolution.
- Alexander and its variants (Alexei, Alexandra, etc.) were common names in the Russian monarchy.
- Alexandrite is a gemstone. It is a type of chrysoberyl. The name Alexandrite comes from the fact that the gemstone was first discovered in the emerald mines near the Tokovaya River in Russia’s Ural Mountains in 1830, on the day of Prince Alexander II of Russia’s birthday.
- Konami TCG Strategy Site: Photon Shockwave Previews! Alexandrite Dragon