Card Trivia:Egyptian God Slime
- This monster has the appearance of "Obelisk the Tormentor". This is due to the fact that in the original Yu-Gi-Oh! manga and anime, the "Slime Token" Special Summoned by "Metal Reflect Slime" copied the appearance of "Obelisk the Tormentor".
- Due to the original effect of "Metal Reflect Slime", this card's 3000 DEF is 3/4 of "Obelisk the Tormentor's" 4000 ATK.
- Also, in the anime and manga, Yami Marik fused "Egyptian God Slime" with "Revival Jam" to give it the effect of the effect of "Revival Jam", which was sometimes referred to as "Immortal God Slime". This is reflected in this card's status as a Fusion Monster in the OCG/TCG.
- This card's effect to prevent the opponent from targeting other monsters with attacks or card effects is a reference to how Yami Marik used "Jam Defender" in the anime and manga to redirect attacks to this card; also, this card's effect that prevents itself from being destroyed by battle is a reference to its ability in the anime and manga to regenerate, due to the effect of "Revival Jam".
- This card is one of two cards to contain the word "God" (that is not part of the word Goddess) in their TCG names, contrary to TCG censorship conventions, the other card being "Sun God Unification".
- This card's name aligns with the name used in the English dub of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters anime, despite the card based on the "Egyptian God Phoenix" effect of "The Winged Dragon of Ra" having its name localized to "The Winged Dragon of Ra - Immortal Phoenix" when it was printed in the TCG in 2016.