|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
Card Trivia:Kaiser Sea Horse
- This is the cover card of Starter Deck: Kaiba Evolution, and is also one of the cover cards of Structure Deck: Kaiba.
- Although 'kai' means sea in Japanese, and 'ba' means horse, 'Kaiba' does not mean seahorse. The Japanese word for seahorse is 'tatsu no otoshigo', which is also the name of an actual card.
- In myth, a seahorse turns in to a dragon after a hundred years. This is reflected in "Kaiser Sea Horse" being one of Kaiba's many methods to bring out a "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".
- "Kaiser" means "emperor" in German.
- This card has a visual counterpart, "Sea Serpent Warrior of Darkness".
- This card appears in the artwork of "Convert Contact".
- This is one of the only six non-WATER Sea Serpent-Type monsters in OCG/TCG. The others are "Lightray Daedalus", "Airorca", "Skystarray", "Lavalval Chain" and "Spearfish Soldier".
- This card is the first Double Tributer to be released in OCG/TCG.
- There is a possible pun with this card's Chinese name: In Chinese, Kaiba's name is pronounced "Hai Ma", the same way to say "seahorse".