Card Trivia:Sea Monster of Theseus
- Theseus was the mythical king of Athens and was the son of Aethra by two fathers: Aegeus and Poseidon. This monster is probably inspired by the sea monster that is present in the storyline of his Six Labours: in a location named Megara, there was an elderly robber that forced travellers along a narrow cliff-face pathway to wash his feet. He then kicked those travellers off the cliff so that they were eaten by a sea monster. In this tale, Theseus was the one that pushed that robber off the cliff.
- This card is the first Tuner Fusion Monster, as well as the first Fusion Monster to require Tuner monster(s) as a Fusion Material.
- This monster appears in the artwork of "Return of the Zombies".
- This card has the shortest lore (by word count) of any card, consisting of only two words.
- This card's Italian print has the shortest lore (by character count) of any card, being only seven characters long.