- This card's OCG name, "Replace Toad"「サシカエル（sashikaeru)」is a pun on the Japanese term「差し替える」which means "to replace", reflecting this card's effect of "replacing" one Aqua-Type monster with a "Frog" monster from the Graveyard.
- This card's TCG name is a portmanteau of "trade" and "toad", which also reflects this card's effects of "trading" an Aqua-Type monster with a "Toad" monster from the Graveyard.
- This monster appears to be a younger, watered-down version of the banned "Frog" support card, "Substitoad". Oddly enough, this card's ATK and DEF is the same as "Substitoad".
- This card's OCG name and design is a reference to this card being the watered-down version of "Substitoad" and serves as its "replacement" following its banning.
- Both cards features swapped designs featuring both sides of their bodies being pink and black, with each side featuring either an angel wing or a devil wing respectively. Also, this card features an arrow design on its pink half while "Substitoad" features gear-like designs on its pink half.
- Both cards feature effects that Special Summoning a "Frog" monster by Tributing one monster; however, this card requires an Aqua-Type monster to Special Summon a "Frog" monster from the Graveyard while "Substitoad" does not require a specific monster to Special Summon a "Frog" monster from the Deck.