Card Trivia:Xiangsheng Magician
- This monster's one visible eye is similar to that of Zuzu Boyle and her dimensional counterparts.
- The clothing of this monster has a very similar form to "Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon".
- The mechanical eyepatch is similar in design.
- The color palette of the clothing and the rings surrounding the monster are also similar.
- The symbol on her eyepatch features a bow and arrow, which is also her weapon.
- This monster being female might be a pun about "Xiangsheng" (Sōjō) sounding similar to "girl" (Shōjo).
- The OCG/TCG version of this card's Pendulum Effect is sort of the opposite of its anime counterpart. While the anime version changes the Level of a monster's Level equal to any other monster's Level on the field, the OCG/TCG version changes the Rank of its controller's Xyz Monster equal to the Level of another monster on their field.
- Wu Xing, also known as the Five Stages (Wood, Earth, Water, Fire, and Metal), is a fivefold conceptual scheme that many traditional Chinese fields used to explain a wide array of phenomena. In the creation cycle (相生 xiāngshēng), one elements is generated or created from the other.
- This may be reflected in the Pendulum Effect of "Xiangsheng Magician", where it can be interpreted as it "generating" enough of the targeted Xyz Monster's Rank to equal the Level of the targeted non-Ranked monster.