Forum:Ideas for the 3rd Installment of WDC
|Forums:||Index → Weekly Deck Competition → Ideas for the 3rd Installment of WDC|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signatures and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 3072 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
So, here's the deal. WDC has already had 2 installments, that have slowly come to an end, however me and BobaFett2 want to restart this wonderful Forum. So we want your Ideas, make a new section for all the ideas and I'll add them to the Poll. I also ask that all people who post here have a Username or log in before posting, it makes it easier for us to contact you if we get confused about what your idea is. Make a new subsection under the ideas by using 3 === instead of 2.
We're going to restart the idea section, and remember to check the Overview page for a list of older contests, to check if your idea was already done.
Done - Alphabet Contest
How about Decks where the number of each card used must be exactly 3 (what means no Semi and Limiteds) or 1 (but Limited aren't allowed). This idea could be merged with others, like the Attribute Lock, for extra challenge. --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 21:30, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Using exactly 3 copies of each card is nothing, I usually use 3 copies of a card, but using only 1 copy of every card, so basically 40 different cards... This is some challenge, I like it a lot! Nephthy (talk • contribs) 21:53, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- So the contest is using just 1 copy of each card and a minimum of 60 cards, right? --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 16:00, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- That 60 card minimum is optional. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 13:58, March 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I can only think of seven Archetypes that all the members start with their Archetype name off of the top of my head - Burning Knuckler, Blackwing, Hieratic, Mermail, Atlantean, Lightsworn, and the HERO archetypes. I know there's probably a lot more but yea. Also, it's kinda understood to not use an Archetype if we did do that, since that's not very creative and, being a quality of the winner of the competition, will not receive votes. But, if need be, we can just ban single Archetype decks for that idea. Btw, Mermails without the Atlanteans and Abyss-sphere would still be a challenge. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 16:31, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
Done - Structure Deck Flashback
As time goes on, new cards are added to the database, some of them synergizing old cards, whether intentional or not.
You are given one of the first 12 OCG non-character-based Structure Decks (SD01 to SD12). You are allowed to renovate one of them to utilize the modern cards. However, you are explicitly prohibited from changing the overall theme of the Deck, while also keeping the general tradition of mostly single-copy cards unless necessitated by the Deck.
You are also prohibited from adding any other Structure Deck-exclusive cards.
- How about this: you pick a Structure Deck, but you can only change a limited number of its cards (15, for example) for new cards and you must use the cover card? --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 02:42, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
Potential - Odd/Underused Synchro Monsters?
Well, I saw Chaos Goddess and thought why not do a contest with a theme of underused Synchro monsters? If you guys like this then do say something, and if you don't say something as well.
Possible Options for Cards:
- Turbo Cannon
- Dark Diviner
- Stygian Sergeants
- Seven Swords Warrior
- Chaos King Archfiend
- Black Brutdrago
- Avenging Knight Parshath
- Lightning Tricorn
- Chaos Goddess
- Locomotion R-Genex
- Overmind Archfiend
- Jurrac Meteor
- Malefic Paradox Dragon
The goal is to pick about 7 of them, as we usually don't have more than 8-12 contestants, and I had planned to allow 2 users to pick 1 card. I want to avoid picking too many Archetype based Synchro monsters, and ones that don't have restrictions or have specific type restrictions, that way the contest is more open-ended. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:44, April 12, 2013 (UTC)
I'm all for that. Priority for selection candidates could go to either extremely low-level Synchros or higher-level ones with terribly unwieldly conditions and/or effects. Heck, one could even look into the Bonuses section of any videogame and pick out some Synchro monsters in that list. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 03:48, April 13, 2013 (UTC)
- So what are some Synchros you want to see? The list above is too large, and it doesn't cover all the bases. I would personally love to Chaos Goddess, but after that, I'm open to other suggestions. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 18:47, April 13, 2013 (UTC)
I like this idea, but a few are pretty easy, like Parshath and Chaos King Archfiend. You can always go with Dark Highlander and Ally of Justice Decisive Armor, though. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 03:24, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
Potential - Sealed Pack Play?
So the basic idea is to take a few versatile packs, and use a random number generator to organize the card's into packs of around 50, and then ask contestants to make decks of 30 cards. Of course we won't really be able to play with them, unless DN allows games of 30 cards, which I don't think they do.
- An easier alternative: Contestants are given a short list of packs, and can only build their Deck using cards from those packs. Certain staples may be added to reduce Deck building difficulty. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 12:54, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
The pack list may come in blocks, maybe representing a "generation". For example, TDGS to ABPF. Or maybe HA01 to HA07. If you want to go retro with a giant card library, DR1 to DR04. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 08:25, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
Simplicity at its Finest.
Not entirely sure if we've done this, or even how many options we would have, but why not a deck where the archetype is primarily Normal Monsters. This includes Ojama, Mokey Mokey, the Wight series. Sure, they have effect monsters, but even then they aren't used very much.--Evolution Is The Key 05:16, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
Elder Pharaoh Highlander
Moving this idea from under a "completed" heading since it wasn't used.
Recall how terribly inefficient the anime characters build the Decks, using only one copy of each card and playing unusually situational cards?
Yeah, we're doing roughly the same thing. You can only insert one copy of each card into the Deck you're building. That includes the Extra Deck. And you're not allowed to use any Limited Cards. With your options restricted, let's see how you go about finding substitutes for the cards you can no longer spam. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 15:22, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
Need for Speed
Simple enough: Build a Deck for Turbo Duels. That means you can only use Speed Spell Cards instead of the regular Spells. Assume Speed World 2 is being used to construct your Deck, and you are to use the video game lore for Speed Spells.
- Also a restriction to the minimum number of Speed Spell, and the maximum number of Trap Cards (to avoid Decks with 1 Speed Spell and 20 Traps, for example). --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 02:47, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
Black VS White
Looking back at the first few iterations of the Deck Competitions, I thought of something. Similar to the underused Synchros idea above, we put up a list consisting of various underused Xyz and Synchro monsters, but in equal numbers for both. Contestants, as usual, pick one entry from that list and build a Deck around it.
However, by picking an Extra Deck monster to go with, that contestant cannot include monsters from the opposing faction in their Extra Deck. Means no Synchro Monsters when one goes with an Xyz Monster, and vice-versa. Fusion Monsters are fair game.
When voting is summed up, the faction (Synchro/Xyz) with more votes in total is declared the winner, as is all contestants who have picked monsters belonging to said faction. Honorary mentions go to contestants with highest individual votes, though.
- I'd be all for it, but I'd want at least like 3-4 contestants on each side. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:07, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe stuff like Inzektor Exa-Beetle, Thunder End Dragon, and Rioto Harpyuia, the Sub-Zero Sovereign? --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:26, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
- About underused Xyz monsters, there are lots of them, so here are a few exaples. The ones that need type/attribute-specific materials, but not used by any archetype: Black Ray Lancer, Evilswarm Nightmare, Evilswarm Thanatos, Soul of Silvermountain, Alchemic Magician, Giant Soldier of Steel, Rioto Harpyuia and No66 just to list up some. Also there are those with idiot ranks and 3 materials, like No9 and No92, No53, No10 and the Rank 1 monsters. Nephthy (talk • contribs) 10:48, May 21, 2013 (UTC)