Forum:9 Card Zones/Spaces!? O.o
|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki Community Discussion → 9 Card Zones/Spaces!? O.o||Post|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signatures and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
How many Zones/Spaces are there?? aren't there only 7 (technically 6)
But according to this  we have 9
"Conceptually, there is a ninth space called the Banished Zone. However, it is never represented on Official Playmats, since it is not considered "in play"."
Is that just a typo?? or is there really more Zones/Spaces!?
- Banished = removed. Though I fail to see how you jumped from 7 to 9. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 02:25, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Now I am curious... what are two extra "slots" we are talking about...? The list above has covering it all, but two more are still mysterious to me. --FredCat 02:28, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
- If you count Hand, that would be 8.
- and maybe a 'limbo' zone (unofficial name, but is the most common one used) that is never mentioned here is 9. (When the monster is when it is summoned, but is not summoned successfully (the time Solemn Warning is used to Negate the summon).
Who wants to go through the history and find out who added it?Originally added by 22.214.171.124.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 02:32, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
- You should sign your posts. You can do that by adding four tildes (~~~~) to the end of your post and it will automatically create a signature for you when you click 'Publish'. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 02:40, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Plus, you're the one who posted this, and the history says it was one of yours (which I missed the first-go around). Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 02:44, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
Wait what? yes i made this post but i dont know what you mean by
"Banished = removed. Though I fail to see how you jumped from 7 to 9. Lord Grammaticus"
I didnt jumped from 7 to 9 i said we only have 7 and i only said 9 cause thats what the Playing Field page says 9
- I think this is the Original Source of that term, now most people who know about it call it "limbo+zone" that: This is due to the fact that the monster being Summoned is considered in the limbo between the players Hand and Field. Since the effects of card counting effects only count cards in a players Hand, Deck, Field, Graveyard, Extra Deck or Removed From Play Zone (as indicated by the specific card effect) they will ignore the presence of the monster being Summoned. For all purposes neccessary to the effects of a card - the monster doesn't exist anywhere and should the monster's Summon be negated, it is considered to be sent from nowhere to the Graveyard.
- So, it's nowhere, but somewhere necessary in terms of advanced gameplay :P
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 02:52, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Eh, iunno. All I know is I'm out for today. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 02:58, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
How does counting the Extra 3 times or whatever make sense?? O.o and ooh hmmm yeah the side deck isn't a zone hmmm i wonder who wrote that BlueNinja712 (talk • contribs) 05:45, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
- It's not a zone because it's only used between duels in a match. Lord Grammaticus (talk • contribs) 17:15, November 23, 2011 (UTC)