Forum:General Message Regarding the WDC
|Forums:||Index → Weekly Deck Competition → General Message Regarding the WDC|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signatures and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 3027 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
First and foremost, I'm sorry for not touching this entire forum for almost 2 months, I will try to get back on top of things for the future. I plan to do the next contest over Shadow Specters, but I won't actually make the contest page until the release date of the booster.
Please feel free to comment below. Also, I don't think I can actually keep hosting the contests, so I'd like it if someone else would like to take over completely. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 00:49, July 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Malicevorous, Vampire, Granmarg the Hard Earth Monarch (It's only one, but it's still cool!), Survival of the Fittest (Maybe)? That's about all. Also Raccoon, the new Dragon cards, and Ghostrick could work too. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 21:54, July 22, 2013 (UTC)
- A Deck with both "Breath of the Divine Serpent" and "Grisaille Gaol", maybe "Duston" and "Bujin" too. --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 02:07, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
Breath of the Divine Serpent and Grisaille Gaol....maybe make a deck competition with those cards as a requirement or extra points maybe sounds like a good idea, as long as you can incorporate it. Also, don't forget Druids as well. Fallensilence (talk • contribs) 23:41, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
Future Contest Idea Discussions
- Number Hunters maybe? --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 02:32, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, even though I don't participate in these contests, I would like to offer some ideas for future contests, like these:
-a Solidarity-themed contest where all monsters in the Main and Extra Deck have to be of the same type. of course, you would need to exclude commonly used types like Warrior, Dragon and Machine to make the contest fairer
I would be down for the second installment of HTFDIST and maybe we even bring back old monsters such as Gate Guardian and such just to see how it fits in the format. Fallensilence (talk • contribs) 08:16, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- You mean like the Card storylines? There are stories with more cards than others, but it's something to think about it. --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 03:07, August 22, 2013 (UTC)
Other ideas I'm entertaining as of now:
- Create a character-based Structure Deck. Characters used in already-existing Decks are not permitted.
- Use only one copy of each card in a Deck.
- Build a Turbo Deck, minimum of 10 Speed Spells.
- Um, what is a character-based Structure Deck? Is it focusing on a single monster card? Just curious. Thanks. Chromace (talk • contribs) 06:12, August 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Well...since we've been breaking so many rules we might as well blow up another. How about making decks based off the anime (which are actually workable)? Sure we did something like that via using a single copy, but it might be worth a try. Chromace (talk • contribs) 04:24, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
(Edit conflict) How about this: Decks using the Element Series, one contestant per monster, each Deck must have 3 copies of the choosen monster and all the other monsters of the Main/Extra Deck must be of the two attributes that support the choosen monster (50/50). --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 04:28, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Update (sorry, forget to add before): there must be a reason/strategy to the choosed cards (you can't, for example, add "Laval" and "Atlantean" and call it a Deck). Also, no Dragon Rulers. Nothing against them, but let's have some variety --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 02:25, October 1, 2013 (UTC)
It's not exactly particularly interesting if a relatively low number of people take part in the WDC, or even vote for complete Decks. Besides the old method of "post on all interested users' talk pages", how else could WDC participation be increased? --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 16:50, August 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Is there perhaps an automatic way of sending the message out to other users' talk pages (if posting a message in the general discussion forum isn't very successful)? You know, like how the wiki automatically messages users on certain actions. Because doing so manually is the internet equivalent of telemarketing... Chromace (talk • contribs) 07:02, August 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, the messages that wikia gives out are broad codes that affect every user on the site. I guess you could always ask the admins for another way, but the only thing I can think of is a bot, and even then I'm not sure it's possible to use a bot for that purpose. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 14:34, August 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Being a one-time programmer (not html, sadly), I would think there would have to be a way to post a msg on active user accounts. Also, I've seen such things done on other websites. It might take a bit of thought and programming to get it done, but there should be a something (yes, I lurk around in here too). ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 20:55, September 30, 2013 (UTC)