Yugipedia:Requests for adminship/GMTails/1
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a successful request for adminship. Please do not modify it.
Frequent editor. No one knows the cards' tips and searchers like GMTails does. And that's only a small part. Takes initiative. Works hard. Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 23:42, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
- Result - successful
Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve as an administrator. Please answer the following four questions to provide guidance for participants:
- 1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
- A: I'll continue to keep Card Tips pages up to date, and do the same to Duel Links articles (such as Events). But I'll work on basically anything related to the OCG/TCG, and occasionally make a few edits in anime-related pages.
- 2. What do you consider to be your best contributions, and why?
- A: The maintenance of Card Tips articles, and the upload of the Portuguese card images.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: Me and Missign0's argument over the continuity of Duel Terminal events, which lasted a few edits in Card Trivia:Purushaddoll Aeon before we resumed it in our Talk pages. While there was no aggressivity between us, I should've taken it to the Talk pages much earlier. In the future, should a conflict like this happen again, I will cease my edits on that certain page and message the other user in order to solve the conflict in the Talk page (preferably in the article's talk page, making it visible for other people), and only after we've come to an agreement I'll edit the page again. Unless, of course, the other user is vandalizing the page.
- 4. Do you regularly contribute to any other wikis? Are you an administrator or bureaucrat on any of them, or do you have accounts with similar roles on forums, blogs, etc.? Could you provide links, if so?
Other editors may post optional questions for the candidate here.
Question from Cheesedude
To jump off from your answer to question 3, I ask this.
- 1. What is the procedure(s) you would use to resolve a talk page dispute between yourself (as an admin) and a regular user. Which of you is correct in this instance isn't relevant. How do you handle a dispute when you yourself are involved (and that will happen as an admin, it happening would not be a bad thing or out of the ordinary). Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 21:07, 16 March 2018 (UTC)
- A: Despite being an admin, I would proceed as if I were a normal editor, with no admin powers. Since both of us are only discussing a matter in a talk page, not violating any rules or causing trouble, I see no reason to use any privileges given me to enforce my side on the other editor. In this situation, I would state my opinion and listen to the other's, until we could reach an agreement on how to proceed, and doing the same for other people who might join the discussion. GMTails (talk • contribs) 00:49, 17 March 2018 (UTC)
- +1 (nominator). Becasita Pendulum (talk • contribs) 23:42, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
- Definitely support. The GM is an absolute workhorse. Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 00:11, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
- +1. GM helped me a lot during my time doing the Duel summaries, helping to check the official sub names. Great help! KyrusDarkblade244 (talk • contribs) 01:34, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
- I appreciate the hard work that GM has put in over the years. I definitely think he deserves this. --SnorlaxMonster 03:52, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
- I really can't think of anything bad related to GMTails (poke me if I'm wrong). Support. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 07:17, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
- Dedicated, especially in terms of page moves (which we all know are a gigantic pain due to subpages. Support. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 18:47, 3 April 2018 (UTC)