Forum talk:Deck Contest 24: ZEXAL Archetypes
Nice deck B.W.E.K. I loved it! I also made it on DN and played with it, runs really well. I especially love that the extra deck is a huge toolbox, and the decks interesting as well. (This is not to say I didn't like other decks) ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 04:37, November 29, 2011 (UTC)
bewk's Post-Competition Comments
- Lappyzard - I liked your deck a lot, although I prefer Dark Necrofear to Super Crashbug.
- Darkskylarkalexanderx - Deck looked very powerful, but wasn't really innovative. Of course, there wasn't much you could do; it's hard to be creative with an archetype.
- Elite Wolf - Your deck had a lot of interesting ideas, I'll have to try them out.
- Blue-Eyes Starlight Dragon - You used all of the Generation Fish, but sadly, a lot of them are unnecessary.
- 33royward - You made your Ninja deck unique, deserved a few more votes.
- Synchro Maniac10 - Standard Wind-Up deck. They're ridiculously good but don't quite stand out.
- Gadjiltron - Loved the Zero Wing references.
Dark Necrofear is pretty cool, but it's much more of a stand-alone Monster. I found that Super Crashbug took a lot of Monsters and made them stronger, which made the Deck a lot more aggressive than it normally is. Being able to change Zenmaines from 1500 to 2100, Terror-Byte from a wall to a 2900 beater, and Bug X to a 2000 beater was really helpful for finishing moves, which the deck was lacking in.
- Good point, and thanks. -bewk
I know that they're unnecessary but I enjoy running them. Too many people play to win rather than play for fun like I do. Although, I would enjoy advice on how to improve it; it would certainly help me figure out how to make it more useful. Just please don't tell me to scrap everything, that's not helpful. Anyways, I thought that your Deck looked really quite effective; so was Lappy's though, and sadly my bias towards Crashbugs won me over. I am making versions of both based on your designs though; just a bit of tweaking so that I don't feel like I'm stealing them. --Blue-Eyes Starlight Dragon (talk • contribs) 00:20, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
Now that I think about it, it seemed like the Wind-Up entries were trying a little too hard to be competent than innovative. But excluding Spiral Spring tricks, is there a more innovative way to use them? --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 08:48, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- True, archetypes are inherently hard to personalize. If this was a tournament, your deck would destroy all others. -bewk
Umm, you had 3 BLS, if you meant Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, well its limited. That may be a reason you didn't get votes. Although next time if I see that, I'll just disqualify(If it was Envoy), so be careful. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 13:41, November 29, 2011 (UTC)