|Japanese (base text)||
The Graveyard (
The Graveyard is placed directly above the Deck Zone. When the Pendulum Zones were introduced, the Graveyard was shifted to directly above (or above and to the right of) the right Pendulum Zone. However, with the introduction of the Extra Monster Zones, the Pendulum Zones were moved into the Spell & Trap Zones and the Graveyard returned to its original position.
The contents of either player's Graveyards are public knowledge, unless a card like "Question" is used. When a player looks through any Graveyards, they may neither shuffle its contents, nor re-arrange the order in which the cards were placed there. In video games, when a card is activated or selected for a card effect while in the Graveyard, it immediately moves to the top of the Graveyard; this only exists for the purposes of clarification within those video games, and this game mechanic is not used in the OCG or TCG.
In the anime, cards that return from the Graveyard are sometimes depicted as coming out of a portal.
Pictured is "Gouki Re-Match" activating.
- Activates cards from your Graveyard
- Activates from your Graveyard
- Adds from Graveyard to hand
- Banishes from Graveyard
- Banishes from your Graveyard
- Banishes from your opponent's Graveyard
- Returns from Graveyard to Deck
- Returns from Graveyard to Deck for cost
- Returns from Graveyard to hand
- Special Summons from your Graveyard
- Special Summons from your opponent's Graveyard