The Kaiba Corporation researchers (
Two such crews appear in the film, including a team of lab technicians and a team of engineers.
In the Japanese version, the researchers were named after members of the animation production team.
|Chief Kuwabara||桑腹主任||Satoshi Kuwabara||桑原智||Director|
|Tanda||担田||Seiji Tanda||反田誠二||Concept, monster design|
|Kagami||各務||Takahiro Kagami||加々美高浩||Animation director, character design|
|Toyoda||登代田||Akiko Toyoda||豊田暁子||Sub character design|
|Watanabe||綿名部||Ruriko Watanabe||渡辺るりこ||Sub character design|
|Noh||野尾||Gill Bo No||노길보||Sub character design|
The lab researchers worked in the virtual Dark Yugi reconstruction of the pharaoh. Following Kaiba's Duel with him, they regarded the battle a success, but Kaiba was dissatisfied. Regardless of how accurate they had reconstructed the pharaoh, it was not the real thing, making it inadequate.
The crew conducted the necessary preparations for the robot to reconstruct the Millennium Puzzle in space and noted Kaiba of their progress at the earthport, before Kaiba departed to the space station.
- The line for Tanda (Engineer), "Anything in those scans?" was given to the male New York winner, Luis Alfonso.
- The line for Watanabe (Lab Technician A), "A success on every level. You should be proud." was given to the female Orlando winner, Lindsay Victoria Granduke.
- The line for Toyoda (Lab Technician B), "I concur. It was no contest." was given to the female Minneapolis winner, Bethany Cardinal.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Anime Complete Guide: Millennium Memory; page 166
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions
- "Yu-Gi-Oh! Voiceover Contest Winners". yugioh.com. November 15, 2016.