This is the talk page for discussing the page, Cost.
Please try to
- I can agree to that for half the stuff on the page. But there are a few things that should either have their own page, or should stay here (e.g. Costs as a Summoning Requirement). -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 08:48, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Costs are paid before the activation of a card, not after.
About that line. Is it from something official? If it is, can we have a source?
I think it's a bit incorrect. Costs should be paid at the same time as you activate a card. Proof: If you can't pay the cost, you can't activate the card. If you can't activate the card, you can't pay the cost. Therefore, they are done at the same time, if they can be done. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 13:56, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, found it; apparently it was in the rule book; overlooked it I guess: "You have to pay any costs before you declare the activation of the card."
- If that's the case, then it's not very practical. Unless, what actually happens isn't what is 'considered' to happen.
- Using PWWB as an example. In practice, you flip PWWB over (aka activate it), then you discard for cost, then you select a target. Your opponent can then respond to this.
- But instead, it is 'considered' to have the cost paid first, then the card was activated and you select a target simultaneously. Your opponent can now respond.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 14:23, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
Most recent Problem-Solving Card Text
What is the most recent PSCT for an activation cost? In this case, I have it worded as "Pay half your Life Points and Tribute (amount) face-up "(archetype or sub-archetype)" monsters to draw 3 cards, and if you draw 1 or more "(archetype or sub-archetype)" monster(s): Banish all cards your opponent controls and in their hand; inflict (amount) damage to your opponent for each card banished by this effect." I need to know if this needs to be updated.
- It's either end with a dot or is after the colon (Look like this >> : <<) if it's mention on "Phases" or just before the colon, like the one you mentioned - "Yakka Cost Yakka: Banish all cards your opponent controls and yakka..." --iFredCat 23:27, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
Uh...that was a bit tough to understand, and I'm not sure how to say "could you say that again in plain English" nicely.