Talk:Duelist Pack: Kaiba
This is the talk page for discussing the page, Duelist Pack: Kaiba.
Please try to
"Blue-Eyes White Dragon" Effect Monster
When the official site said A brand-new “Blue-Eyes White Dragon” Effect Monster, available for the first time! I'm not sure that immediatly implies that there'll be an Effect Monster with "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" printed as its name. It could just be a new card that's part of the "Blue-Eyes" series. If it had said an "Elemental Hero" Effect Monster, we wouldn't think they meant an Effect Monster called "Elemental Hero". Two Legal cards with the same printed name is something that hasn't been done before. I'm not sure they'd introduce this in the TCG before the OCG. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think at this point we're jumping the gun by saying that there will be an Effect Monster called "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" at this point. -- Deltaneos (talk) 21:30, January 27, 2010 (UTC)
- That's why I put the link back to the original, but we know it will be the all the same as BEWD except for being a effect monster with some new effect. The name would be the only thing getting changed. This isn't something that hasn't been done on this Wikia before. Why is an unofficial Infernity "Doom" Dragon page name allowed knowing it will be changed when the real name is revealed but not having a placemarker to simply mark it as it will be the same as the original in every other way? Just saying. I merely put what the page gave and left it to be changed and added to later as needed as it as it has been done around here that way before and I doubt that will end. ShinobiPhoenix 21:40, January 27, 2010 (UTC)
- "Infernity Doom Dragon" was moved to "Infernity Death Dragon", since that's its official name in the Japanese version.
- How do we know it will be the same as "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" apart from name and effect? "Dark Magician of Chaos" could be called a "Dark Magician" Effect Monster, but it isn't the same as "Dark Magician" apart from name and effect.
- While we do use placeholder names, they should be logical changes. e.g. calling "Antique Gear Ultimate Golem", "Ancient Gear Ultimate Golem" or in rare cases, a description of what it is e.g. fifth Dragon. We wouldn't give something the same name as another card, unless we knew it had the same name. -- Deltaneos (talk) 02:39, January 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I would just like to point out a few things. First, we do have monsters that have been recreated with the same name. Harpie Lady was recreated with many multiple cards such as Harpie Lady 1. Due to the effect/condition these cards have, their names are considered the same just for deck construction. The name just makes it easier for us to descuss them without explaining which one I mean. Second, There IS a card that was a normal monster that was since also made into an effect monster. Its name? Obelisk the Tormentor. Origionally, this card could not be used. Now, this card has an effect card with the exact same name as well as being legal for play. While the first wasn't legal for play, it still was the first to be noted. —This unsigned comment was made by LordGeovanni (talk • contribs) 09:29, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
- In my first post, I said that they haven't made 2 legal cards with the same printed name.
- Cards like the first "Obelisk the Tormentor" and the Normal Monster "Black Luster Soldier" are Illegal. They can't be used in accordance to the official rules. It is possible that they could create an Illegal "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" or even make two Legal cards with the same printed name for the first time. Point is, we don't know that at this stage, so we shouldn't go ahead saying they have the same printed name until we know.
- If this "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" card is like "A Legendary Ocean" and "Cyber Harpie Lady" it would have its own uniqye printed name, calling the article Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Effect Monster), would imply that the printed name of the card is "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".
- -- Deltaneos (talk) 12:56, January 28, 2010 (UTC)
Hm, well it's just a guess to help move things along a bit but can't we also assume it's either one of these four things?:
1. A new Blue-Eyes Archetype monster which would mean it could be anything. Possibly a new form of the Blue-Eyes to increase its power or pre-form to speed up its summoning.
2. It could yes, be a Blue-Eyes White Dragon with the same name but with an effect (Personally, I hope it's an effect that increases its attack points, and that its name is treated as Blue-Eyes White Dragon when its on the field so we can combo it with Burst Stream of Destruction.)
3. It could be a retained version like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning and has just a little title added to the name, or a name change like Blue-Eyes White Dragon Deity or something like that which would be like the Dark Magician of Chaos and Dark Magician who some people say is an upgrade of the Dark Magician.
4. And lastly and oh please may it not, Sin Blue-Eyes White Dragon. That thing is sure a good dark monster but its nothing too serious. It's just a Blue-Eyes with an effect that makes it harder to duel with unless of course you're Paradox and can pull out random cards to help it like Sin World. It's in my opinion weaker than the original.
If anyone would like to discuss the card or has any news on it please feel free to talk on my talk page. As a Blue-Eyes duelist, I'm always ready for info on a new Blue-Eyes card. --White Dragon Kaiser 09:35, January 30, 2010 (UTC)
All I can guess is maybe it is Sin Blue-Eyes White Dragon.
anyone else notice that there are already 3 banned cards in this pack? Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End, Pot of Greed, and Cyber Jar. a little odd at best since to my memory they havent reprinted cards that are on the forbidden list. maybe, and this is a looong stretch (esp for CED) they are planning on taking some or all of them off of the forbidden list. dunno :/
You have a point there. However, like you said CED is VERY unlikely but for the others who knows? We'll just have to wait until the banlist comes out before this pack in March or after in September. Cyber Jar would be a real help in deck building anyhow.
Sin Blue-Eyes White Dragon
Is it safe to say that the dragon on the box other than "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" is "Sin Blue-Eyes White Dragon" and that it is the brand-new "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" Effect Monster, available for the first time" that Konami mentioned? -- Deltaneos (talk) 21:19, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
- based on the box for the kaiba duelist pack i think its safe to say so but it does seem a little odd because konami said specifically "brand-new Blue-eyes.... monster available for the first time" however that could refer to sin blue-eyes not being released in the tcg and ignoring the ocg release Sonic0chick0ames 21:50, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah. I'm pretty sure we can all assume it's Sin Blue-Eyes but one thing makes me wonder like Sonic0chick0ames says. Yeah it's true that they could just be ignoring the ocg like they tend to do but we could be getting a 2 for 1 Sin and a new one too. (Just trying to be optimistic here) —This unsigned comment was made by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 01:02, 12 February 2010 (UTC)
the Oceanic site says “Malefic Blue-Eyes white Dragon”, a brand-new “Blue-Eyes White Dragon” Effect Monster, available for the first time! unlike the american one, here's the link: http://www.yugioh-card.com/oc/products/kaiba.html Neodaedalus 04:21, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
- We know... so do the UK, French, German, Italian and Spanish sites. It was assumed that it was refering to "Sin Blue-Eyes White Dragon", since it appears on the pack and "malefic" has a similiar meaning to "Sin". The "Sin" monsters' articles were all moved to "Malefic" just over a week ago. -- Deltaneos (talk) 04:30, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
Crush Card Virus
I see it on the list, but is it confirmed? HYBRID XERO 04:06, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, a leaked shonen jump confirmed it.
almost complete spoiler
hey guys, I went on pojo today and i got a link to german ebay and they were selling dp kaiba cards so now every card is known except for one of the ultimates. here's the spoiler:
lord of d
enraged battle ox
ritual of white dragon
flute of summoning dragon
Ring of Defense
Interdimensional Matter Transporter
saagi the dark clown
la jin the mystical genie of the lamp
x head cannon
y dragon head
z metal tank
paladin of white dragon
Different Dimension Dragon
peten the dark clown
kaiser sea horse
Super rare (5):
return from a different dimension
xyz dragon cannon
blue eyes white dragon
white stone of legend
Ultra rare (3)
blue eyes ultimate dragon
dragon master knight
malefic blue eyes white dragon
Ultimate rare (5)
chaos emperor dragon
pot of greed
crush card virus
and here's the link in case you need to verify: http://shop.ebay.de/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=DPKB&_sacat=See-All-Categories
alright guys the final ultimate rare card card has been confirmed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XTnvjXAzow Ring of destruction was the last card, so now we have a full spoiler list
STOP REVERTING IT!!!
- Relax. I was only reverted once. It was easy to miss your message above when you didn't mention it in your edit summary. -- Deltaneos (talk) 19:39, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
I tried to but I couldn't figure it out. I'm new to editing stuff on the wiki.
I think the last Ultimate Rare is going to be Ring of Destruction :) HYBRID XERO 23:25, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
Its just a guess but I would say that DPKB-EN025 is probably "XYZ Dragon Cannon" and that DPKB-EN028 is "Paladin of White Dragon" since that is how Duelist Pack: Yugi was arranged with the Ritual monster following the fusions. Since "Ring of defense" is in the list I agree that Ring of Destruction is a good guess for the last Ultimate rare.
So they left out Burst Stream of Destruction... and yet put in Hitotsu-Me Giant? How does that even make "one iota of sense???"??? Can someone explain this to me please? --White Dragon Kaiser 01:17, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
Seto Kaiba never uses "White Stone of Legend", "Malefic Blue Eyes White Dragon", or "Enraged Battle Ox" and I believe he uses "Magic Reflector" in one episode. It would have been awesome if "Burst Stream of Destruction" replaced "Magic Reflector". "Kaibaman" or "Spear Dragon" should have replaced "Hitotsu-Me Giant". Other than that, I'm looking forward to the rest of the cards.
Those aren't unusable. It's about damn time Konami thought of traditional format for once. Posted by 22.214.171.124 @ 17:44, April 15, 2010
PLEASE do not forget your signature. And if you think that is such a big idea, send me your address and I will give you 5 of each of those cards. The ONLY thing that does is cause the 1 in 24 pack chance for an Ultimate Rare to be worthless 4/5 of the time. This makes the 1 in 24 rally more like a 1 in 120, I think... I got that by taking the average amount of packs (24) and multiplinh it by the amount of Ultimates available. Then dividing by the amount of useful Ultimates (1). If I am correct in my math, expect 120 packs to go bye before you get Crush Card Virus. And don't believe everything you hear. Cards in the same rarity are not equally available. --LordGeovanni 17:57, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
There are scans for these cards here:
You Missed It!!! How Could You?
Well, there is a huge disappointment in the set. Where is Burst Stream of Destruction? That's a good card used by Seto Kaiba, and Kazuki Takahashi didn't include it! how sad is that? --User:MorphingJar700 MorphingJar700 05:51, April 21, 2010 (UTC)