|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
This is the talk page for discussing the page, Ghost/Gold Rare.
Please try to
- Hmm, that it a tough one. We could rename it Gold/Ghost Hybrid Rare instead that would keep it from linking to Ghost at least. Either that or we could take out the backslash. The sooner we fix work on this the better. ^_^ Look234 (talk • contribs) 21:12, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- As the Wikipedia page states, this is caused by a namespace having the subpage feature enabled; the only workarounds for it are to rename the page and to get the feature disabled (you could hide the line with CSS/JS, but that's even more of a hacky solution then renaming pages). Subpages are disabled in the main namespace by default in MediaWiki, but due to the way we used to handle card information pages (as subpages of the main card page), we had it changed for this wiki, and it apparently never got re-disabled after we changed our handling of the info pages. At this point, I don't think there's anything legitimately benefiting from having subpages enabled in the main namespace (and if there is, it would probably be better off changed), so we might as well request to have it disabled.
- In this particular case, though, I have to ask whether "Ghost/Gold Hybrid Rare" is the actual, official rarity name; if not, I think a better name would just be "Gold Ghost Rare" (to mirror our current "Gold Ultra Rare" article). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 19:25, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm fine with renaming it. If we were going to change it, to keep it a close as possible to the official we could call it "Ghost Gold Hybrid Rare". Pretty much the same name and no backslash. Look234 (talk • contribs) 19:40, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, the article suggests the official name is just "Ghost/Gold Rare", without the word "hybrid".
- Look234: I'm actually against renaming just to avoid the subpage problem; a better solution (which would also fix "/Assault Mode" cards and prevent possible future issues of this sort) would be to ask Wikia to disable the subpage feature on the main namespace. I'll do that probably tomorrow or so unless someone points me to a case where we intentionally use this feature (and perhaps even then). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 20:34, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Those backlinks were actually removed shortly after the "/Assault Mode" cards came out. But we've changed skin since then and the new skin inserts those links a more unusual way. I didn't notice they were there in the new skin, since I've still been using the Monobook skin. But it should be easy enough to hide them in the new skin with some new CSS.
- What about naming the page "Gold Ghost Rare"? Like how the original Gold Rare is at "Gold Ultra Rare", rather than "Gold Rare". There's also a Gold Ultimate mixture that doesn't have an article, which I think should be created at "Gold Ultimate Rare". That would be consistent with how the different Parallel and Duel Terminal rarities have been named. This was touched on in Forum:Card Rarities before. -- Deltaneos (talk) 18:59, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
- I've always been under the impression we wanted to use official names for rarities where available, but if we're not that worried about it, I'd definitely prefer "Gold Ghost Rare".
- I agree; I remember hearing a while back that there was another type of Gold Rare rarity, but never saw just what it was, and it's definitely about time it gets its own article IMO. On that note, I think we should also have an article at "Gold Rare" discussing the general features and giving a bit of overall history (and this would also give a clean top-level link for a "Gold Rare" group in the navbox). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 19:12, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
I've sent in a request for Wikia to disable the subpage feature in mainspace, so we can (hopefully soon) eliminate that as a concern in deciding the best name here. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 17:40, June 16, 2012 (UTC)
- No, I was talking about the Gold Ultimate Rare variant Delt mentioned; I was just being unnecessarily oblique about it. =D If there's a Parallel Rare variant as well, we should cover that too, though. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 17:52, June 16, 2012 (UTC)