This is the talk page for discussing the page, Mr. Clown.
Please try to
Clown or Crown?
Is it really a confusion between R and L ? I mean, the game shop is called "Black Crown" and behind the name, we can see a Crown, or maybe a pun of Kazuki Takahashi ? So, Mr Crown, Black Crown owner, is a Clown. Yamimillenium 21:02, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- No, he and the shop are named dependently. Calling him "Clown" would mean calling the shop "Black Clown". Calling him "Crown" would mean calling the shop "Black Crown".
- In the manga there was only a clown above the shop name. In the anime, they kept the clown and added the crown, so the crown was not originally intended. And since Takahashi changed it to "Black Clown" in the Yu-Gi-Oh! bunkoban, it was most was likely a mistake to begin with. -- Deltaneos (talk) 21:41, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- I've been wondering that too. He's not called "Mr. Clown" (or Crown) in the English volume 10 (17). Yugi even calls him "Mr. Otogi" once in this volume. I don't have volume 9 (16) at hand, but I don't think he was called Mr. Clown in that either. This site got the name from Wikipedia. This seems to be the original edit there. It doesn't look like it was intentionally false information. The Japanese Wikipedia currently calls him Mr.クラウン (Mr. Clown/Crown). But I can't find any direct evidence of the name.
- Overall, I agree with the rename to "Mr. Otogi". Unless someone can provide proof of the other name, but Mr. Otogi might still be a better name in that case. -- Deltaneos (talk) 13:13, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
- It's also the name he's given in Yu-Gi-Oh! Character Guidebook: The Gospel of Truth. -- Deltaneos (talk) 11:18, September 5, 2012 (UTC)