This is the talk page for discussing the page, Special Summon.
Please try to
Please post your ruling questions on the Rulings Queries Forum
and general discussion on the General Discussion Forum.
Flip Summon ≠ Special Summon
"A Flip Summon is also considered a Special Summon."
Since when?! --Yami Aguilar 05:22, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
I've read it many times, and it never said that Flip Summons are Special Summons. Can you give me a direct quote from the rulebook? Are you also saying that a card like Royal Oppression can destroy Flip Summoned monsters and that Jowgen the Spiritualist can prevent monsters from being Flip Summoned and that Sacred Crane's effect can be activated when Flip Summoned? All of those would be true if Flip Summons were Special Summons, none of those were true last time I checked. It's true that, like Special Summons, there is no limit to the number of Flip Summons one can perform in a turn, but that doesn't automatically make them Special Summons. Also, why do certain cards (like Bottomless Trap Hole) say ..."Normal Summons, Flip Summons or Special Summons..." if Flip Summons are Special Summons? Why not also include Tribute Summons, Fusion Summons and Ritual Summons? Because Special Summons already include Fusion Summons and Ritual Summons, and Normal Summons include Tribute Summons. Flip Summons, however, are completely different from Normal Summons and Special Summons.--Yami Aguilar 16:09, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
The rulebook did say that Flip Summons are not Normal Summons, but the rulebook never said that Flip Summons are Special Summons, so there is no reason to believe that. The rulebook also said "A Special Summon is when Fusion, Ritual, Spell, Traps or Monster Effects are used to place another monster on the field." Does a Flip Summon require a card effect to occur? No. In fact, if a monster is flipped face-up due to a card effect it is considered to NOT have been Special Summoned. I even invite you to email UDE to verify this. They'll be glad to correct email@example.com
- Guys "Flip Summon" is just like a "Special Summon". they both can be summoned many times unless there's a restriction. Special Summon always comes from card effects. Flip Summon always comes from "set monsters" being revealed manually ("Main Phases"). If Flip Summon is also confided Special Summon then you can never flip any monsters on your own.--Wasn't (talk • contribs) 19:42, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- I forgot to say "Any monsters flipped by a card effect isn't considered flip summoned".--Wasn't (talk • contribs) 19
- 54, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Only as long as "Double Summon" was activate, or at least oddly card that could permission "Flip Summon again". But "Flip Summon" is part of "Normal Summon", since after it "flipped", it cannot change into any kind of position anymore for rest of the turn. Like Wasn't said, Book'f Taiyou the Flip Summon-effect monster won't help it to troll off the card from opponent's (like Medusa) since it's not consider as summon, only as effect causing. --FredCat 23:36, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
"BobaFett2", your right, you can "Flip Summon a monster, activate "Book of Moon", and Flip Summon it again" because Flip Summon works just like a special summon. "FredCat100" wrote the rest.--Wasn't (talk • contribs) 12:30, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
Monster Effect special summon during opponents turn?
Is it possible to special summon a monster with its effect during your opponents turn?
Ex: Master Hyperion:----- You can remove from play 1 "Agent" monster from your side of the field, hand, or Graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand.
Dragunity Arma Leyvaten----- You can Special Summon this card from your hand or your Graveyard by removing from play 1 face-up monster you control equipped with a "Dragunity" card(s)
- Guys what are monsters that Special set monster(s) called: "The Shallow Grave", "Spear Cretin", etc.--Wasn't 12:31, September 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Apprentice Magician, Bubonic Vermin, Genex Ally Triforce, Major Riot, Mecha Bunny, Morphing Jar 2, Naturia Cherries, Nimble Momonga, Spear Cretin, Super-Nimble Mega Hamster, The Fabled Peggulsus, The Shallow Grave, Worm Call, Worm Yagan and Worm Zero.
- You should probably ask on the forum next time. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 06:53, September 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Which forum? "The Fabled Peggulsus" and "Genex Ally Triforce" etc. set isn't a set; it's a Special Summon (its Ruling) not sure.--Wasn't 12:26, September 15, 2011 (UTC)
Types of Special Summon
I have a Japanese copy of Master Guide 5, and I've read its "Types of Special Summon" section, and it classify into 3 typess:
- Effect (Non-activated)
- Effect (Activated)