|Help support Yugipedia by using our Chrome extension, which redirects links to the old Wikia/Fandom site to Yugipedia, ensuring you see the most up-to-date information. Firefox users don't worry—a similar Firefox add-on will be out soon. If you have any issues or find any bugs, be sure to let us know on Discord!|
This is the talk page for discussing the page, Tristan Taylor.
Please try to
When does Tristan turn back into a human?
- When it said he woke up back in the real world, I thought it was implied that he would be in his human body, since it is his real world body. I suppose there's no harm in clarifying. 'Added a bit of extra detail to cover this. -- Deltaneos (talk) 13:56, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
Japanese x English
In the "Personality" section, it's used the character's japanese name, while the rest of the article refers to him by the english name. Isn't it better to write "Tristan" in this part also? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:13, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Everything in that section is talking about how he acts in the Japanese version only. There's nothing there about the dub. When an article is specifically talking about only the Japanese version, I think it's ok to use the Japanese names. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 02:40, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
Excuse me, I have the Gospel of Truth Book, in French, and it doesn't say any birth year of 1980 at Tristan's profile. The same goes for Kaiba. I can make a photo of the French site to show it if you like :) —This unsigned comment was made by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 15:05, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Are you asking 220.127.116.11 to prove that the Gospel of Truth doesn't mention a year or are you asking someone to prove that the birth year is 1980? We already have a scan of his profile in the Japanese Gospel of Truth; File:Gospel of Truth - Hiroto Honda profile.jpg, and it mentions April 19, but not the year. The 1980 seems to be an approximation. I didn't put it there, but it seems right to me. You can see Talk:Seto Kaiba#Where did 1980 come from? for some logic behind it. Although it relies on some assumptions, so I wouldn't object to removing the year from the article. -- Deltaneos (talk) 01:21, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
WHY DOES HE HAVE SUCH A BAD MAIN PIC!?
UM HELLO! TRISTAN'S MAIN PIC MAKES HIM LOOK BAD/LIKE A VILLAIN! PLEASE SELECT A BETTER LOOKING PIC SO THAT THIS ARTICLE CAN BETTER REPRESENT TRISTAN! —This unsigned comment was made by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 23:56, October 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, it's the best we had right now - just don't caplock your goddamn sentence, it's violating our ears and eyes so hard they bleed like a river into the delta. --iFredCat 00:05, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, please don't cap everything. I don't like the current picture either. I think the previous one was a bit better, but not great. I think the one before it (Tristan in front of the motorbike) was good. But if anyone has a better one, please show us. -- Deltaneos (talk) 13:18, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
Name in 4Kids uncut dub
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX silhouette
The reasons for believing he is Tristan are the voice, hair and jacket.
- In the Japanese version of the episode, the character does not sound like Tristan/Honda to me. The similar voice seems to be an aspect added by 4Kids.
- The hair only looks as tall as Tristan's from a certain angle. In the shot where he points his finger, you can see that the hair is pointing in a different direction and is much shorter.
- The jacket looks like an Obelisk Blue jacket to me. You can see the tails, the strap with the button at the top of the zip and the "M" shape at the bottom of the zip.