I'm not sure Akiza, Jack, Leo and Luna are considered protagonists. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's doesn't seem to specifically revolve around any characters (apart from Yusei). Would it be better if we split this by "Main", "Supporting" and "Minor"?
Main would be:
- Akiza (Aki), Carly, Crow, Jack, Goodwin, Kalin (Kiryu), Leo (Lua), Luna (Luca), Rudger, Yusei
Supporting would be:
- Blister, Blitz (Nerve), Greiger (Bommer), Lazar (Jeager), Mina (Mikage), Misty, Nervin (Blitz), Professor Fudo, Rally, Sayer (Divine), Tank (Taka), Tanner (Himuro), Trudge (Ushio), Yanagi
Minor would be everyone else. (I'm not sure if Zigzax and Martha are supporting or minor.)
- I liked it the other way. --Dark Yugi 04:58, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
Separate Template for the Manga
- It seems the template was either only deployed on the manga pages, or removed from the anime pages for some reason. It should actually be on both to make navigation easier. I'll re-add it later today. For consistency's sake, we should probably move this to Template:Characters/5D's/Anime. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 19:48, December 22, 2012 (UTC)
If you want to rearrange the character template then here is a suggestion. The Main section could be renamed as Protagonists and that the listing would not be in alphabetical order. Also there should be an Antagonists section because they should not be placed in the overcrowding Supporting section. Also the Minor section is overloaded with characters that at least half of them should be placed in the Other section. The rearrangement is merely to look like the other three anime characters templates since this is the only template that doesn't look right. Just a suggestion hoping for consideration. —This unsigned comment was made by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 04:34, January 10, 2013
- We don't categorize characters according to whether they are a protagonist or antagonist (or any of the numerous variations possible); see Category talk:Villains and Forum:Category:Villains. Any templates or pages on the wiki that do make this distinction are in need of cleanup and should not be taken as a reference for how we generally want to handle sorting characters.
- If not in alphabetical order, then what order? The only orderings that can really work are ones based on objective aspects of the characters (the most obvious being alphabetical, which is why we currently use it, but there are other possibilities as well, such as according to first appearance in the series); any ordering based on a subjective aspect is just that, subjective, and will inevitably lead to disagreement: see, for example, Template talk:Cast/Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL.
- I agree that something needs to happen with the "Minor" section, but I don't think the addition of an "Other" section is it: they are too similar to each other to allow for any truly useful distinction. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 04:55, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I understand. The suggestion was just to make the template similar to that of the Original Yu-Gi-Oh!, GX and ZEXAL anime character templates.
- The listing I mentioned only pertains to Main section. The listing should at least have Yusei Fudo first, Jack Atlas second and Akiza Izinski(Aki Izayoi) third since they play more important roles than the other protagonists.
- As for the Minor/Other suggestion, to me the Other section is the listing of characters who played very small/one time roles in the series only to be noticed once and the Minor section is the listing of characters who played small roles, but have appeared or have been mentioned numerous times in the series. This is just how I interpret the possible difference between the two sections.
- The problem still remains, though: someone will end up disagreeing with the "Fudo-Atlas-Akiza" ordering, and the rest of the main characters will cause even more disagreements, regardless of what order they end up in.
- It's still a very minor distinction, and will still cause more than its fair share of disagreements. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 22:57, January 10, 2013 (UTC)