This is the talk page for discussing the page, Template:Characters/GX/Anime.
Please try to
Unless its of higher authority whosoever changing the template can we stop please. Aster has been main character since the entirety of second season even after through the the third season helping Jaden out. Surely Bastion??? hasn't done more and made appearances more than Aster. Also I wouldn't really consider alexis a main character either she doesn't really ... do anything ... shes more of just the main squeeze character but I'm not even going to go there.```` —This unsigned comment was made by MaxMicster (talk • contribs) 19:59, April 19, 2014
- I agree with Aster being more relevant to the plot than Bastion, but Alexis was also consistently around, so I believe she should stay among the mains. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 16:11, April 22, 2014 (UTC)
- As another point, this template needs to be reworked to lose the protag/antag distinction; it needs to instead use main/supporting/other or similar. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 21:03, April 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Who should be counted among the core six for GX has always been foggy. I can think of completely valid arguments to have Aster in both main and supporting. The issue is not clear-cut. My only real concern is that we're consistent with whatever the portal is using too. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 16:29, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
Cheesedude, since your doing core six then Aster would have to replace Syrus, Alexis or even Bastion
Alexis: Doesn't do anything, she is the only the main squeeze for Jaden, which he ignores annoyingly for her competition Jesse (yes, yes I said it, you know it to be true) She hardly duels, and she only duels small fry mooks hardy duels any of the villains and for the ones she does its only to show her get whooped, owned, pwned and defeated within two seconds, amnael, chazz etc, etc
Syrus: cmon, Its Syrus, I'm starting to think who started this template hardly watched Gx. Now dont get me wrong Syrus is usually around jaden, although being scared. Syrus even moves ups to blue, but syrus doesn't really get much dueling, his duels are also almost all mooks and mostly looses them to. Syrus also doesn't duel any of the top villains, he hangs around jaden and is a friend but that's about all he does.
Bastion: Bastion is the least I agree with replacing, the show pretty much turned his lack of presence into a running joke, Bastion was set up as a to rival jaden but for some reason this was not pursued and this was turned into comedy, annoyingly, even though Bastion > Chazz and Its always been this way after beating chazz, and then the other "Would've Won" duel he had against chazz were he would've won that duel but threw it.
Anyways Cheese there's the three you can replace, the rest of the admins in this discussion have pretty much agreed with me on top of that I dont think their comming back to this. Also there is no need to keep page locked, just warn the user MCN51FJ to stop changing the page, hes new so he doesn't know whats hes doing I presume.MaxMicster (talk • contribs) 00:53, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
- How many Duels someone gets is not the sole indicator of if they should be considered a main character or not. If we go by that logic, Tea and Tristan suddenly become minor characters in DM, when they obviously aren't.
- Jaden, Chazz, Syrus and Alexis are around from the beginning of the series, so I think they should be considered among the six. Bastion gets booted out later, so we shouldn't use him or Chumley. Blair comes in too late and then doesn't do much. That leaves Jesse, Aster, Zane and Tyranno as the only viable options. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 01:12, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
I see what you are trying to say, but It doesn't matter if they been around since the beginning of the series. Shows dont always introduce main characters at the beginning of the series. Going by what you said we'd have to put chumley and crowler as main characters since they showed up in the beginning and have appeared here and there in alot in episodes but as you also stated bastion gets pushed a bit to the side also, chumley and crowler, I'm sure we dont need to talk about chumley or crowler.
Also duels kinda do matter somewhat, Its hard to explain it though as most of the time things revolve around certain characters defeating or dueling other characters which usually turn them into some big enemy someone has to defeat or ally bla bla yeah that's hard to explain.
Anyways about the Dm thing, Yu Dm is a completely different thing, tea and tristan where Literaly on yugi like glue! They literally went everywhere he went and where everywhere he was. They were always involved with everything he did because they were ... always there. Thats a bit different than Gx, heck most of jaden friends are around him a lot because there on an island, at the same school. chumley leaves after a few episodes and syrus still is just there he doesn't really do much and the rest of jadens close friends including syrus pretty much abandon him by himself and leave the red dorm, which is kinda stupid.
Also, anyways about the mains. Zane is already on the main sect, do you want to move him to support? I just requested Aster properly be moved to the main section but you would have to repalce one of them. I guess Jesse is pretty much a main too, You seem you insist with syrus and alexis so if that's the case you would have to increase from six.
- While they don't, a character is introduced at the beginning and sticks around the whole time is a good qualifier. The other series are fairly easy to pick six characters from, this one not so much. A character can very easily be integral to the plot and not be considered main (like Vector), so amount of duels and role in the story are not the only qualifiers.
- Jaden, Syrus, Chazz, Alexis, Aster and Zane would probably be my picks. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 17:05, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
Ok then, lets do your list in your order. Are you going to update the template or unlock it? If you unlock it please warn the user I keep telling you about as he wont stop changing it no matter what anyone says.MaxMicster (talk • contribs) 18:04, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
I wonder a little why the template had to be in alphabetical order. It easy to locate the characters before, but now its little confusing and frustrating. Placement and role were enough to understand the characters, but that's just an opinion much like how these opinions about Aster, they don't matter. I kinda wish that at place the main protagonists name first on the template rather than the letter "A." I hope this scramble-up doesn't confuse first time visitors.--MDelgado101492 (talk • contribs) 19:08, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Alphabetical order keeps things simple. Using any other order brings up arguments like the one above for every character, which we do not need. Trying to rank characters on order of importance is far too subjective. Now we've modified the template and put Aster in main, but even that is still up for debate, really. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 19:25, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Mukoda (向田) and Isaki (井坂) are the boys who did the séance with Takadera (Torrey).
- Akai (赤井), Aoshima (青島), Kida (黄田) and Midorikawa (緑川) are the "Four Heavenly Kings", the four North Academy students Manjome (Chazz) Dueled at once. One of them is called "Kyle" (or something similar) in the English dub.
- Zakota (雑魚田) and Zakojima (雑魚島) are the first two North Academy students Manjome Dueled.
- I've included the kanji names, because I'm not sure how accurately the North Academy student names have been translated. -- Deltaneos (talk) 13:56, June 25, 2017 (UTC)