Template talk:Yu-Gi-Oh! GX locations
This is the talk page for discussing the page, Template:Yu-Gi-Oh! GX locations.
Please try to
I'm not sure whether the infirmary is placed in DA main building, or it is a separated building on the island in terms of a recreation center or something like that. And one more thing. Should we add cities that Jaden saw on computer screens in episode 177 (London, Sidney etc)? --Aged Goblin (talk • contribs) 00:23, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not sure either. I always thought it was in the main building, but it seems to be separate in season 4 when Zane is there. Not sure if it's a separate medical facility or not. As for the cities, I would think not. If we had to link them, we could just link to their respective Wikipedia articles instead. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 00:29, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
I think the infirmary is inside the main building, while there a separated medical facilty, which can be even seen in Season 2, episode 62. I only don't know how to name that separated building. If you don't mind, I would link the mentioned cities to wikipedia pages. And one thing more. Why did you remove the Shadow Realm? As I recall, Jaden Dueled Titan there, while a few flashbacks show that the latter was trapped there and that Atticus lost a Duel agianst Banner there. --Aged Goblin (talk • contribs) 00:47, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- That sounds about right. And yes, go ahead and link them. As for the Shadow Realm, I removed it since it's dub-only. I don't think it needs to be in the locations list. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 00:50, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
The term "Shadow Realm" indeed exists only in the dub, but the mentioned wikia article describes a dimension (realm) which is present in the Japanese version - "darkness" or "World of Darkness". I could put a link to that page but named as "World of Darkness". --Aged Goblin (talk • contribs) 01:04, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- The World of Darkness has an article. Titan does mention it when he duels Asuka, but his description is irreconcilable with what is later shown. Also, I'm not sure we need the city links in the template. I meant if we had to link them in the article on the episode or in a character bio. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 01:14, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
"GX" (Season 4) World of Darkness is not the original one. The original one is referred as the "Shadow Realm" in the dub. I wonder why the former isn't named as "World of Nightshroud", since "Nightshroud" is the dub equivalent for Japanese "Darkness", or named as "World of Darkness (GX)". OK, I will remove those cities. --Aged Goblin (talk • contribs) 01:21, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- The World of Darkness (from now referred to as WoD) mentioned by Titan was a one-off reference that got changed to Shadow Realm. When Titan mentioned it, he may have meant it literally. It was a very dark, shadowy dimension. I don't think it was (at the time) meant to be connected to Darkness (Nightshroud) in any way. And both WoDs are from GX, so I'm not sure how the second alternate would make sense. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 03:20, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- I think you got me wrong. WoD was mentioned by both Titan and Atticus (in the same episode), and was referred as "Yami no Sekai". This Japanese term, according to this article, was already used in the franchise, meaning it's not exclusive to GX. The term "Shadow Realm" appears as the dub equivalent for the Japanese one, but with a few changes in the realm's purpose/description.
- There is something more for the mentioned medical facility. It's actually the hot spring, according to recent created article and episode 34. It seems that it also got medical use in season 4. --Aged Goblin (talk • contribs) 22:10, July 13, 2011 (UTC)