|It is with heavy hearts that we mourn the passing of our game's creator, Kazuki Takahashi.|
"The Agent" (
Each "The Agent" monster is based on a different celestial body, usually a planet. Each monster is named as "The Agent of [Property] - [Planet]".
|The Agent||Celestial body|
|Wisdom - Mercury||Mercury|
|Creation - Venus||Venus|
|Destruction - Venus|
|Mystery - Earth||Earth|
|Protector - Moon||Moon|
|Force - Mars||Mars|
|Miracles - Jupiter||Jupiter|
|Judgment - Saturn||Saturn|
|Entropy - Uranus||Uranus|
|Life - Neptune||Neptune|
|The Executor of the Underworld - Pluto||Pluto|
"The Agent" archetype features multiple monsters with a diverse array of effects. The archetype is strongly related to the Field Spell "The Sanctuary in the Sky" and its supporting card series, as well as the "Hyperion" archetype, who cross-support "The Agent" archetype and the The Sanctuary in the Sky series. Generally, "The Agent" Decks focus on utilizing archetypal support, "Sanctuary"-related support, and general Fairy-Type support to perform combos and build boards.
Though the archetype features many monsters, many of them had become obsolete due to their old age. The current key "The Agent" monsters that facilitate their main combos are "Venus", "Neptune", and "Earth". Most "The Agent" monsters, including "Neptune" and "Earth", can be searched by "Sanctuary"-related support; "Venus" however, is a notable exception.
- "Venus" can non-once per turn Special Summon a "Mystical Shine Ball" from the hand or Deck by paying 500 LP, allowing a rapid swarming of monsters on the field for Link Summons. However, some Decks forgo "Venus" due to the space taken up by the "Mystical Shine Ball" monsters, and focus on combos involving "Neptune" and "Earth" instead.
- "Neptune" can be discarded to Special Summon any "The Agent" monster from the hand or GY, enabling more advanced combos by reviving needed monsters. It can also search out "The Sanctuary in the Sky" if it's banished, enabling the effects of many "Sanctuary"-related cards.
- "Earth", if Normal Summoned, can search out any "The Agent" monster (except for itself), or "Master Hyperion" if "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field. It can enable many complex combos by searching out "Neptune", such as the "Crystron Halqifibrax" combos, as "Earth" is a Tuner monster.
The archetype has a small number of Extra Deck monsters: "Moon" is a Link-2 Link Monster that can be easily Summoned by "Venus", and mills additional "Sanctuary"-related cards to enable more combos. "Pluto" is a Level 5 Tuner Synchro Monster with a situational Quick Effect which focuses on flip disruption.
The "Hyperion" monsters, consisting of the Main Deck "Master Hyperion", "Majesty Hyperion", and the Extra Deck Synchro Monster "Masterflare Hyperion", are the archetype's main boss monsters. Both Main Deck "Hyperion" monsters can be searched by "Sanctuary"-related support.
- "Master" and "Majesty" are both Special Summoned by banishing 1 "The Agent" from the player's hand, field or GY; "Master" can be Special Summoned any number of times per turn, but can only be Summoned from the hand, while "Majesty" can Special Summon itself from the hand or GY, but can only do so once per turn. On the field, both can banish a LIGHT Fairy monster from the GY to damage the opponent: "Master" destroys an opponent's card, while "Majesty" banishes 1 card in either GY.
- "Masterflare" is a Level 10 Synchro Monster that can be Summoned in-archetype using "Earth" and another Main Deck "Hyperion" monster. It can copy the effects of 1 "The Agent" monster or 1 "Sanctuary"-related monster, enabling a large variety of advanced combos (such as by copying "Venus"). It also has a Quick Effect which focuses on banish disruption.
"The Sacred Waters in the Sky" is a Spell Card that searches "Sanctuary"-related monsters, making it functionally the archetype's main searcher, though it cannot search "Venus". Likewise, "The Chorus in the Sky" is a recovery Spell card for "Sanctuary"-related cards.
Externally, the archetype strongly supports "Sanctuary"-related cards thanks to its searchers and combo enablers, and is also is strongly supported by "Sanctuary"-related support cards, such as "Celestial Knightlord Parshath" (who additonally enables using the boss monster "Archlord Kristya"). The archetype also benefits greatly from general Fairy support, with "Diviner of the Herald" being an especially strong support for the archetype, as it can 1-card combo (using "Trias Hierarchia") to enable the summon of either "Masterflare Hyperion" or "Protector of The Agents - Moon".
The archetype's focus on LIGHT Attribute lets it benefit from general LIGHT support, and, if hybridized with DARK monsters (such as historically in "T.G." and Tele-Agents), can support a variety of Chaos boss monsters. Lastly, the archetype has the capacity to Summon powerful Level 10 Synchro and Rank 8 Xyz boss monsters.
- Due to the LIGHT monster emphasis, anti-LIGHT cards such as "Light-Imprisoning Mirror" can shut down the deck.
- Anti-GY floodgates, such as "Necrovalley", "Dimensional Fissure", and "Macro Cosmos", can significantly damage the deck's ability to make combos and summon "Hyperion" monsters.
- This archetype relies heavily on "The Sanctuary in the Sky", meaning cards that can destroy spells such as "Spell Shattering Arrow" or "Mystical Space Typhoon" must be made a priority and taken care of.
- Tori Meadows often uses "The Agent" monsters in video games, despite not using them in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL anime or manga. This is a reference to her Japanese voice actress Mikako Komatsu using a "The Agent" Deck in Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game tournaments involving Yu-Gi-Oh! voice actors.