トラップカード (symbol: トラップ)
|Japanese (base text)||
罠カード (symbol: 罠)
Torappu Kādo (symbol: Torappu)
Trap Card (symbol ruby: TRAP)
Trap Cards (Japanese:
Normal Trap Cards are Spell Speed 2. They can be activated during either player's turn as long as it wasn't set that turn. The effects of certain Normal Trap Cards behave like Equip Cards, but the card is still considered a Normal Trap Card.
Continuous Trap Cards are also Spell Speed 2. Their effects are applied as long as they are face-up on the field.
Counter Trap Cards are a Spell Speed 3. Only other Counter Trap Cards can be chained to a Counter Trap Card.
There are some exceptions on activating Trap Cards, some cards allow Trap Cards to be activated during the turn it's set or even from the hand.
- Normal Traps, which have no symbol on printed cards. Some video games use an empty symbol in menus for filtering and sorting cards.
- Continuous Traps, which have an infinity symbol.
- Counter Traps, which have a curved arrow symbol.
- Equip Traps, Yu-Gi-Oh! R manga only.
- Field Traps, Yu-Gi-Oh! R manga only.